Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight 2 HP Dust Collector

Shipping is $16.95 + the $10. Total is $196.65

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Grzadzinski View Post
    Shipping is $16.95 + the $10. Total is $196.65
    Gerry is absolutely right. Since I don't ever have anything shipped from Grizzly, I didn't read the shipping info correctly. The $10 is an "oversize fee" and is in addition to the $16.95 shipping.

My local HF has the 20 amp for $179. If you don't have the special $139 coupon, the 20% off coupon will bring the price down to about $144.

I don't know how long the $179 price will be offered.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I have a PDF of the coupon. PM me and I can send
    "The will to achieve is nothing without the will to prepare" Juma Ikangaa

I have two actual coupons if someone would like one if you're going to get the DC.
    Mark Rios

i photocopied the 20% off coupon from wood magazine and they took it no problem. its good til like february of 2010 so i made a pdf of it so i can just print it out whenever
    If you don't make mistakes, you don't learn.

-- Sam Maloof

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Malone View Post
    Carl, I have all the WOOD issues from day one (1985) and have never cut a page but,
    if I can save you $$'s and all it cost me is a stamp, I will.
    I'll cut which ever issue you want and send you the page..
    PM is you want it with address and it will be on it's way.
    One woodworker to another. That's what we do here.

Thanks again. Got the coupon and the DC.Put it together tonight but haven't fired it up yet.Seems like a heckova buy.This is a great site.

i got one of the HF dcs this weekend, i was worried i wouldnt have enough power to use it in my shop as its only running on a 30 amp breaker but when i turned it on it made the lights flicker for a few seconds and then all was fine. i ran the dc, all my flourescent lights, a 1500 watt heater and my table saw all at the same time no problem

btw this thing just kills my ridgid shop vac on suction! im quite happy just wish the cord was longer! oh and they left out some bolts too which was weird

-- Sam Maloof

Left out one bolt on mine also. Local hardware on way from work had the correct bolt.
    Ron Carlton
    Dallas, TX

As an update from when I asked the original question, the DC is been performing perfect. It has great suction...much better than my top of the line Sears shop vac (which is a wee bit old).

As others have noted, I was missing a lot of nuts and bolts. I called my local HF and the manager was very accomodating. He had me bring the original DC back in and we made a whole one with the floor display. He also compensated me for my time and troubles with a pack a lower bags and two more upper bags free of charge.

Mine was complete. Sucks like heck (not hooked up to anything).I ordered some fittings to run it around the shop.I'll post how it works later.

coupon

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb G View Post
    I currently use my shop vac for dust collection. I'm looking at purchasing the Harbor Freight DC. It's rated for 1550 CFM at 20 amps.

Does anyone know if it really is 20 amps? If you have one, how does it work for you? I have a coupon to purchase it for about $140. I do have 20 amp circuits in my shop.
    Where did you get the coupon??I just check HF's site..the 2 hp DC sells for $249.00

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Pereira View Post
    Where did you get the coupon??I just check HF's site..the 2 hp DC sells for $249.00

There is one in the October issue and the November issue of WOOD magazine. The October coupon expires Dec. 25, 2009.

If you are sure that you are actually going to buy one then shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you the coupon. Otherwise, I'd like to send it to someone who will actually use it.
    Mark Rios

sorry this is so big. just print out this coupon and HF will take it. you might want to resize it though

-- Sam Maloof

Bobb,
    i have one that i use on a 15 in planer, and a Shop Fox moulder (but not at the same time) and it can keep up with no probs. it is on a 20amp that has battery chargers on it and it has always worked fine. hoped this helps