Thread: Woodsucker II cyclone

Woodsucker II cyclone

I've picked up a used Woodsucker II cyclone and would like to replace the filter. Does anyone by chance know the Torit (or similar quality) filter part number? I'd like to go down to .5 micron on the filter.

thanks

I've got the part number and supplier written on the cyclone, at the shop. If nobody else comes up with the info, I'll get it for you tomorrow.

My Clearview uses 9L300BL filters from Wynn Environmental I think they may be the same as the Woodsucker but you can call Wynn and I'm sure they will know. They also have Torit filters. Their web site is http://www.wynnenv.com/cartridge_filters.htm
    The Plane Anarchist

Repost

I posted this a couple of years ago so I'm not sure that the pricing is good any more; The filter is an Airguard model AG9215-90P. They are readily available for about $95 plus shipping. If you can't find an Airguard rep local to you, I got mine form Air Filter Sales in MA (978)521-1977. The filter was drop shipped from the factory and I had it in a week.

I bought two at the time and just put the second replacement in mine.

John

Darn, I forgot to bring the part number home. At any rate, Wynn Environmental is the place to go. The guy there understands small-shop chip collectors, and can set you up with the right one.

One thing to keep in mind about the Woodsucker is that its filter is different from most other small-shop cyclones. Air goes through the Woodsucker's filter from the outside to the inside. Most other DC run the air from inside to outside. The Torit-type filter has a perforated-metal cylinder in it which prevents the filter paper from collapsing under the pressure from the air moving through it. For the Woodsucker, that perforated metal must be on the inside. For almost everybody else, the perforated metal is on the outside.

Jamie, the Torit filters I retrofitted to my original Oneida cyclone had the metal both inside and outside.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Mnay of the filters on the Wynn Environmental page about small-shop DC filters say "no inner liner". Those are the ones I was warning against for the Dustbuster II.

Thanks guys. I have an email in to Wynn.

the filters are not cheap. 112 FOB in Lancaster.