Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly G0691 Picked up today

Grizzly G0691 Picked up today

Ok, I know with out pictures this didn't happen, and I will get them posted as soon as I can. I went to the UPS shipping terminal this morning to pickup my saw. Called ahead to make sure it arrived, and it had. Hooked on the trailer, and went there. It took several minutes of waiting, but eventually one of the forklift drivers asked what I was waiting for. When I told him a Grizzly saw, he said "May be you better come back here and look at the boxes." I thought, O my, I hope this is not another of the many stories I have read on SMC. Well, the box with the fence rails and legs was all tore up, about 1/4 of the cardboard was missing, but there was a LOT of tape. So, I'm hoping all the parts are actually there. So far, it looks like I have everything, but haven't gotten that far in the assembly process. Of note, I called Grizzly customer service as soon as I got home, reported the problems, which initiated an "activity report". I had annotated the bill of lading of the damages. By this afternoon I had received another call from Grizzly asking if I had all the parts, and if I needed anything. At this point I said I didn't know if anything was missing, but would call back as soon as I got that far. She asked me to call on Monday and let them know if everything was there, or if I would need more parts. So....so far their customer service is right on top of this. Pictures to follow.

Congrats, and good luck with the assembly. It amazes me when some boxes are totally bashed up yet all parts are account for.....

I hope the main saw body didn't get any sort of damage!
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Main saw body seems perfect. The only box that was damaged was the rails. The extension board and fence box had no damage, and all parts look good so far. It really amazes me that they can ship these heavy saws and parts all the way from China/Taiwan with the crating made with 1/2" boards, 1/2" particle board, and 1/2" screws, and it actually makes it here in one piece??

Glad the body looks ok.....

Oh - and....er, ahem...*cough*.....*cough cough ahem ahem PICS ahem cough cough*......
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger....then it hit me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT Fitzgerald View Post
    Glad the body looks ok.....

Oh - and....er, ahem...*cough*.....*cough cough ahem ahem PICS ahem cough cough*......

You know, most cameras have a flash on them, just for taking pictures when it's dark and you can't play with the saw!!!
    Congrats! Anxious to hear your thoughts. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Too bad about the damaged box. I just went through a similar experience last week on a damaged planer from Grizzly. You can rest assured that Grizzly will bend over backwards to make this right...their customer service is best in class.

Congrats on the new saw, you're going to love it!
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

It's put together

Hopefully I will be successful here in posting pictures. I spent several hours on Friday, and several today, with my neighbor's help with the heavy pieces, but by the end of the day today, it is pretty well together, except for the electrical. Grizzly's instructions were actually pretty good. The table extensions were flat with the table with no adjustments. The fence took some adjusting to get it parallel to the miter slot, and the 90* and 45* stops had to be tweaked a bit. The factory settings were 89.7* and 45.5* according to my Wixey. I was pleasantly surprised that the footprint of the Grizzly is actually smaller than my old Craftsman with the 50" Incra fence setup. I rented an engine hoist to get it off the trailer and positioned in the shop. Worked like a champ!

PB070037.jpg

PB070036.jpg

PB070034.jpg

PB070033.jpg

PB070032.jpg

PB070031.jpg

HMMM, maybe I need to start a new thread...nobody is seeing the pics??
    Measure twice - cut twice - Still TOO short!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Werth View Post
    HMMM, maybe I need to start a new thread...nobody is seeing the pics??
    Nope, they're there. That is a nice looking saw - what's the blue covering on the shop floor? Whatever it is makes it look awfully clean

Blue paint is Dura Coat. It's what they paint on industrial floors. I'll have to look up the website, but you can probably google it up. It's not cheap, but goes on easier than the epoxy paints, and is durable, and anti-skid in its mixture.

Thanks for the pictures, Gerry. Man, that is one slick looking top!!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Nick looking saw!

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Pic are always good

Congrats on the new saw and... What a clean shop!

It's Up and running.

I had to go get a longer service cord, as the 6 foot one it came with was about 18" too short. And I had to rewire my 110 circuit over to 220. BOY this machine runs SO quietly and smoothly compared to my Craftsman, it's unbelievable. I am impressed. Thanks Grizzly!!

Woo Hoo!!!! Great news. Jim.