Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A word of prayer please......

You have our most sincere wishes for a quick recovery for Payton, as well as our prayers! Seems to me like the Big Guy was watching over the whole bunch already, so part of the prayer will be a "Thanks"!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

those kids had someone looking out for them, that truck is mangled. My daughter turns 16 in 6 months and I'm looking for a suburban for her!!! Good luck in the recovery and I will be thinking good thoughts for you!!

Terry,
    thank goodness he is in as good shape as he is. I will say continuing prayers for his recovery.
    Ned

2B1ASK1

Prayers from Bethlehem The Holy Land

I will keep Payton,Your family and all of the kids who we're involved in my daily prayers.
    Many Blessings
    Diane Darwesh
    Bethlehem Olivewood
    info@bethlehemolivewood.net
    Our MSN user name is : olivewood@hotmail.com
    Our Yahoo user name is: talkolivewood@yahoo.com
    "Out of the ground, the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant for the sight and good for food, the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil." Genesis 2:9"

Thanks again everyone. We all appreciate it very, very much.

Payton is still super sore and not getting around very well. No sign of his glasses in the Tahoe. I guess they must have flown out the window. He doesn't need to be doing anything or going anywhere any how.

Shelter is going to be here this morning to look at the truck.

I'll keep you posted.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry,

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys.

Terry our thoughts and prayers are with Payton and You , Cheryl, and Katie as well....Steve

Blog Entries
    Terry,
    I just found this post today or I would have posted earlier. I am so sorry to here of Payton's accident. My thought and prayers go out to you and your family. When these kinds of things happen, it really sets our priorities straight in a hurry. It makes us see how much control God has in our lives and that we should thank Him everyday for the mountains of blessings he piles on us each day.

Larry
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Terry, I am very glad to hear that it was not worse than it was. We will keep you all in our prayers, and it is a good thing to have all that metal around the boy, or ourselves for that matter!

Bill

Terry,

First, Ill say a prayer of thanks to the good Lord for protecting your family and the others involved from an incredible wreck.

I have three kids (to young to drive) cant imagine how I would react with a similar situation but it brings tears thinking about it.

My family and I will pray for a speedy recovery. The power of Prayer is stronger than any other power WE have.

11. Post

Hello Terry,

…. We can appreciate your feelings on this accident. My wife, a couple of years ago, went through a very similar experience and the remains of the vehicle were worse than what you posted. There wasn’t a straight piece of metal on it. She was hit head on by a drunk on her way home from a church meeting. The person was traveling so fast and, as far as we know, without lights. She woke up in a twisted mass of metal. The other driver, who had just left a bar with his seven-year-old son, (neither of which had seatbelts on) was presumed dead. He was so drunk that they discovered later after cutting my wife and his son out of the vehicles that he was still alive. My wife and the other driver were scheduled to be medivaced out but the one chopper had to be refueled and only the man was medivaced out to Johns Hopkins and my wife was taken to a trauma center closer by and his son was taken to the local hospital. To compound things, my wife had already been suffering from fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis and on top of that a migraine sufferer. Though every one survived the accident, this only compounded my wife’s condition to this day. The results were, this man got a hundred dollar fine, six week ends in jail and probation for three years (some punishment huh). We have heard that this man was back to drinking again shortly after the accident (appears he did not learn a thing from his experience). With all this said, we feel very lucky and fortunate because this whole mess could have been much much worse.

<O</O

…. As you can assume, we share a lot in common in as far as accidents go. Our prayers and heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your family and to the other party involved. People make mistakes in this world and the hope is that they will learn from them. The biggest problem is that the innocent usually suffer too, as in Payton’s case.

<O</O

…. May God watch over all.

<O</O

Boyd

Last edited by Boyd Gathwright; 10-01-2004 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Remove embedded characters and adjust font size.
    Every man’s work is always a portrait of himself.

Ditto to everything that has been said. Our prayers are with you.
    What you do today determines what you can do tomorrow.

You know sometimes I just don't get it........pardon the venting.......

Howdy all,

Well, this week has been spent trying to get done what needs to be done concerning Payton's accident. The insurance company contacted me the next day and said they would be here the following morning so I thought Great!!! The person they sent had zero experience and I even had to help with the total loss paperwork to make sure it was right. She made it a point to tell me that her supervisor had said that a lot of the custom stuff on the Tahoe didn't add any value to it in his opinion. I told her he better call me. I told her it might not add any value to "his" Tahoe but it sure does to mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No return call from the auto folks yet but hopefully on Monday. I told them I would waive the rental if we could get settled up so I could get the boy something else to drive. Not a big deal right now I guess. He's still super sore and not able to drive anyway. We had to order new glasses for him as apparently his flew out in the road at the accident. There not in the truck and not at the hospital anyway and this boy can not see his and in front of his face without his glasses.

Yesterday I got the call from the bodily injury guy. The guy calls me on my cell thinking he's calling Payton and demands to speak to Payton. I tell him that Payton is in no shape to be giving anyone any kind of statement right now and I have to be present when anyone talks to Payton about the accident and he gets all huffy and hangs up on me. Now that's a really nice way for that to start isn't it????

I work for insurance companies every day dealing with these exact same things. I would certinly NEVER treat any claimant like this!! It's easy to see why folks cuss the insurance companies. This is no way to run a rail road as they say. I certainly hope things take a better turn next week. I had hoped to be able to deal with this all myself as I have no intention of trying to get to anybody. I just want for Payton and myself to be treated fairly. Looks like that might not be happening without some legal pressure.

I'll keep you posted,

t
    Last edited by Terry Hatfield; 10-02-2004 at 8:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In light of what you have been through, you certainly do not need anymore grief. If you have been around the insurance industry any length of time, I think you will agree......It is time to call a "No Fault" Attorney and let them handle it from here on.

Dave,

I've been an appraiser for 5 years. I was in the body shop for 19 years prior to becoming an appraiser.

I absolutely hate it when I have to deal with lawyers. Especially given the fact that about 90% of the time they are not needed and most folks are trying to get a huge settlement of some kind that they most likely don't deserve. I'm going to give this deal a couple more days before going the legal route. I thought for sure I could handle this on my own and I still feel like I can if the company will just get it together.

Bottom line here is I have a totalled truck and a hurt kid and I'm not trying to "retire" on this deal. I just want to be treated fairly and with some respect. My patience is wearing thin but I'm trying to NOT be one of those "call my lawyer" types. I guess at some point...some point soon, I may have to go that direction if this sort of treatment keeps up.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]