Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A word of prayer please......

Wow'ser dude!!!! As if you don't have enough to deal with right now anyway. Do I need to come up there and "he'p" you whoop them folks?

Maybe this week will be better....We'll hope and pray that it is. I'm with ya buddy......
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

I am sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. I am glad to hear that Payton is on the mend. Luckily he is a tough guy, not likely to break easily. I have had trouble with insurance companies in the past and like you I didn't want to retire on a claim. I just wanted to be treated fairly. But I know that they thought that I was a dishonest person and that they were not going to give in. I did need help from an outside source to just get what I was due. In my case I called one of those consumer help radio shows. The claim was settled immediately after they got involved. You will remember the insurance trouble long after Payton has forgotten the accident. Still the most important thing is Payton is okay. How are the people in the other car? Hope things go well for you and Payton.
    Pete Lamberty

Pete,

The other kids are fine as far as I know. My buddy at the tow yard told me they were there yesterday cleaning out their van and looked OK anyway.

I really hope it does not come down to having to do something I don't want to do but if it does I will pursue what ever means necessary to make sure Payton and I are treated fairly. I just want to be paid what the Tahoe was worth and they certainly owe Payton something for what he as been through and will continue to be going through as he tries to heal from this mess. They even told me they weren't sure what they could do on his glasses!!! Huh???? What a joke. I really do hope this does not come down to getting a lawyer, but if that is what it takes, that is what I will do.

Thanks,

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dennis,

I'm not sure dotting the dude's eye will help but I'll keep that in mind.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If all this is keeping you awake at night, Hire the lawyer, they will take the extra stess off your back. The insurance companies are probably going to be more responsive to a lawyer than to a concerned father.

FYI, I am a big cinic when it comes to insurance companies and accidents, as our family has been burned every time we have had to deal with accidents.
    If at 1st you don't succeed, go back to the lumberyard and get some more wood.

I hear ya Jack. It's not keeping me up at night but it just irritates the heck out of me to be treated this way. We'll see what happens next week and go from there.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry, shouldn't YOUR insurance company be advocating for you?? While the other carrier has the responsiblity, you do pay premiums...but it does sound like that other outfit is trying hard to get away with the least they can. While I understand you don't want to have to do the lawyer thing, ya have to do what ya have to do, especially since the carrier is being so nasty to you folks, the injured party. Sheesh!

Jim,

Yes, my carrier will step in if necessary. That is just one more option to this deal and most likely the last option. If my carrier handles the claim then they will have to subrogate the other carrier for their money and my deductible, tow bills, Payton's medical bills, glasses etc... some of which I have already paid out of my pocket. That could/will take years. Dealing with the at fault carrier directly is the most logical way if I can make that happen.

t
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Terry. Sounds like you might have a fight on your hands the way it has started.
    My last major accident I had took a year and half to get settled.
    My insurance co. couldn't help me out as I only has liability on my old truck I was driving. A month into the talks, the other insursance co. just shrugged me off. So I had to hire a lawyer. He didn't get anywhere either till I told him He would have to sue the other mans estate to get a hold on this thing. [The man that hit me died in the accident.]
    My lawyer finally filed suit on the estate and got a hold on everything. Finally the family of the estate pressed their insurance co. enough to get settled with me. I did not really get enough out of it but got paid for my old truck and medical bills.
    Be sure and keep on top of things as I have found most insurance co's do and will try to just forget about you. Press them hard, and if you don't get anywhere soon, hire the lawyer, even though you do not like dealing with them. Get the meanest one you can find.
    Steve

Terry, I know you're involved in the insurance bizz, (in a roundabout way) so don't take this offensively. Your experience, thus far, with the insurance carrier(s) is what I feel to be pretty typical in that they charge you the MOST they can, yet reimburse the LEAST they can! We have a number of major insurance companies located nearby and they build office complexes second to none! They're bigger, fancier and more audacious than the bank buildings. Now, tell me WHO has the $$$! Good luck in trying to settle up with them directly, but if they keep treating you like dirt, throw it in their face! Get the lawyer and carry on!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Man Terry, I am sorry to hear about the hassles you are having. I have a hunch you are like me...........little to no patience dealing with idiots. Sheesh, what IS the problem with paying the fair market value of a customized vehicle, fairly and justly compensating the injured, NOT AT FAULT, motorist, and just getting it done in a timely fashion? This is the kind of crap that almost FORCES you to hire legal counsel............and then the Insurance Company raises hell about that! I think every one of these "suits" at these Insurance Companies should have to go thru what Payton, Cheryl and you are going thru right now.............I have a feeling they would QUICKLY get some morals, ethics and sensitivity about 'em. I hope this gets settled fairly before you have to kick some butt Terry............I am sure you don't need the crap they are dealing. Good luck Buddy..................if ya need some help.......I'll call Bubba and Tiny......them boys is REAL nasty, and they have a certain fondness for Knee Caps!

I just saw this post, Terry. My 16 year old just got his license, and while I think I taught him well, I hold my breath every time he takes off in the car. I'll keep your son, and his parents, in my thoughts and hope for a speedy, complete recovery. Good luck,
    Tony

Terry, the Man upstairs must have something really special in mind for your boy!! Really glad to hear that he is mostly ok. We pray that the doctor's visit in the next few days will show nothing but bruising. And yes, he will be sore tomorrow. Tell him to take it easy for a few days. He's got special permission from all of us here at the Creek.
    I'ts funny how the little decisions we make day to day come out as blessings in the end (ie the Tahoe, the boots, etc.). Come to think of it, Terry, why don't you and your wife take it easy for a couple days too!! Jim.

Terry

I put your son on our church prayer list. I have a 18 yr old son and everytime he takes off in a car I worry. I am glad that your son is doing well and that his injuries while painfull are not life threatening. I do believe god was riding with him.

Dave Dionne

I too have just prayed for Payton. Jesus is my Savior and the Great Physician.

As for the insurance company, get the attorney. Claims adjusters slobber all over themselves every time they get a case with no attorney. Besides, it'll only cost you a percentage of the recovery. You can only win.