Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullberry- any good for turning?

Hi Roland, it is a small world. Where in Horsham do you work?

On Dresher road just south of Horsham. Are you interested in any oak wood that's started to spalt? Some rather large pieces! Meet a woman on Craigslist who had a rather large oak tree cut down about 6 months ago in her yard in Huntington Valley. I've gone over 3x already for some nice wood.

Here are 2 pictures, one is a mix of Mulberry and Osage Orange, none real freshly turned, and one that shows 6 Mulberry bowls that have been used for 6 or 7 years as individual salad bowls, sorry for that less than sharp picture, I made it at the place were they are used and had not the best lighting to make a good picture.
    The Mulberry has always given me a hard time in drying, as it likes to split, only very slow drying in a brown paper bag at a cool place does work for me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have fun and take care

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Falk View Post
    On Dresher road just south of Horsham. Are you interested in any oak wood that's started to spalt? Some rather large pieces! Meet a woman on Craigslist who had a rather large oak tree cut down about 6 months ago in her yard in Huntington Valley. I've gone over 3x already for some nice wood.
    Thanks Roland, I'll PM you sometime.