Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Tools Arrived!!!!

J/P set up

[QUOTE=Chris Tsutsui;1260705]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post

Sorry for the late reply, I left work Friday evening before I had read this.

Anyways, the A3 31 is up and running. Thanks John for the email on setting it up.

I've got it setup perfect right now so time will tell if it stays dialed in.

With an 8/4 hard maple board as a test sample, I jointed it 2 sides, checked it with a machinist square and it was perfect. (While the unjointed version was not square of course)

Then I ran it through the planer with 3 passes removing about a half MM removed with each pass.

The result was that I took two calipers, one mitutoyo dial caliper that has been calibrated and accurate to 0.0001". I checked all four corners and several other places and each measurement of thickness was within a tolerance of +/- 0.0001"

This is far more accurate than I expected.

The blades are indeed truly quick swap for without adjustment, all of the blades were level.

The adjustments I had to make to get the machine dialed in perfect was I had to make the fence 90 degrees to the bed, then I had to adjust the infeed table so it was level with the blades. The blades were already level with the outfeed table so that was nice.

The A3 31 powered through a 6" wide board without bogging down at all unlike my 6" delta deluxe jointer which you can feel the motor slightly decrease in RPM.

The cut quality with the STOCK chrome steel blades seemed ok and similar to the delta. I'm just glad there was no snipe at all and I can't wait to get some longer lasting cobalt blades.

Overall I'm very impressed with the dust collection, even if it's mated to abudget HF 2hp DC that sucked all of the chips and dust perfectly fine catching probably almost 99% of the chips and dust.
    Chris, yeah this is good information on how you set yours up.

Thanks!!!!

Regards,

John

i am jealous not only do you have a 4 car garage but it only has 2 pillars

seriously very nice saw and jointer

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    Chris, thanks for taking the trouble to post that, however that wasn't the cause of my problem.

I had a wood chip lodged on the table.........The fix was pretty easy

Regards, Rod.
    That reminds me that I want to run air compressor lines around so I can dangle one of those coiled hoses with a blower on the end near the tool I'm using. A quick puff of compressed air and your tool is clear and ready! You can even use compressed air to clear small pieces of wood away from a moving saw blade... heh

John, Eventually I'll have to email you about asking to check out your new toys. I've never used a slider like that before.

nice machines. Felder is really making some great machines. I made the move to a slider a few years ago ( Italian stuff ) and would never go back. it will take a little getting used to, but you will love it. best wishes and make some sawdust

Lou

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tsutsui View Post
    That reminds me that I want to run air compressor lines around so I can dangle one of those coiled hoses with a blower on the end near the tool I'm using. A quick puff of compressed air and your tool is clear and ready! You can even use compressed air to clear small pieces of wood away from a moving saw blade... heh

John, Eventually I'll have to email you about asking to check out your new toys. I've never used a slider like that before.
    Chris, you're welcome to visit and see the toys. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you my phone number. I'm just off the 15 and Summit, North of the 210 freeway.

Regards,

John