Thread: Delta Stock feeder 34-985

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Delta Stock feeder 34-985

I just purchased an older 34-985 Delta Stock Feeder. It runs great but two of the feed gears are missing. I need the 34 and 16 tooth feed gears. I think the part #s are 1340380 (34Teeth) and 1340381 (16 teeth)

If anyone knows where they can be had at a reasonable price I would be deeply indebted.

Thanks
    Ted
    Last edited by Rob Russell; 11-17-2009 at 10:27 AM.

From the wording of your post, I assume you already looked on servicenet. They are available, but they are not reasonable.
    Mick
    Last edited by Rob Russell; 11-17-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Detlta Part feeder

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    From the wording of your post, I assume you already looked on servicenet. They are available, but they are not reasonable.
    Mick

I sure did!!! And I'll have to think hard if spending the money is worth it. They don't wear out they only get lost! I'm sure willing to pay a reasonable price for but paying 30% of what a new machine cost is hard for me to stomach. I want them but so do my grandchildren want Christmas presents!

Thanks for the reply
    Ted
    Last edited by Rob Russell; 11-17-2009 at 10:30 AM.

if the gears are for a faster speed, I never have used my extra set in 20 years. For all the jobs I have done , the slower speed set is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Cowing View Post
    if the gears are for a faster speed, I never have used my extra set in 20 years. For all the jobs I have done , the slower speed set is fine.
    Bryan

If you are running the slower speed gears you are probably running the 26 and 24 tooth set. They are the set which run the mid range feed rates. The 16 and 34 tooth gear set run the slowest and fastest feed rates. I'm sure you realize the two sets are not interchangeable. I only mention this because you stated you run the same gears all the time.

Ted
    Last edited by Rob Russell; 11-17-2009 at 10:29 AM.