Thread: Need ideas for a treasure chest

Need ideas for a treasure chest

I just started working at a dental clinic last week.
    There's no treasure chest for the kids, so I was thinking of making one.
    I was thinking of buying a leather/fabric box from a thrift shop, or simply embellishing a cardboard box with some veneer and shellac.

Do you have any suggestions for a Treasure chest?

It'll need to be safe (no squished fingers please), tough, and fairly inexpensive.

Big box hobby and decorating shops tend to have relatively inexpensive boxes that could double as treasure chests for not too much (<$50). Here, it's Hobby Lobby or Old Time Pottery.

Another option is a party/costume shop, like Party City or Card Factory Outlet. They might have a plastic treasure chest. Who knows, Target or Walmart may still have something on clearance from Halloween.
    Last edited by Danny Thompson; 11-10-2009 at 6:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Matt, did you ever find a treasure chest? I was in Garden Ridge (with LOML, not by my own choice) and saw 3 different sizes ranging from $20 - $45. I looked at a couple of the $20 and noticed that the hardware was on with phillips head screws so that might be a source for cheap hardware if you decide to make one.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up treasure chest

hey matt, why don't you make a three sided one?? it would fit nicely in the corner of any room. now there's an idea forya edsmyrna