Thread: HVLP at yard sale, need help!

HVLP at yard sale, need help!

Howdy,
    I went running this morning and happened upon a guy selling all kinds of tools in his driveway. After digging through all kinds of junk I found a barely used Capspray CS9100 hvlp system. He said he used it twice (and it looks like it), everything including the manual come with it and he said he will let it go for $450 and said it was firm. I found them online for $900 witha second gun and another tip. From what I found online this seems like way more than I need (for me wood is a hobby, not my occupation) but I hate to pass it up if it's a good deal. From the reviews I read online people seem to love the system. Any thoughts? Can these be ruined in 2 jobs where I have nothing but an expensive repair bill?

Thanks for the help!

Mike

He could have let epoxy set up in it. Shoot some water through it before you buy. If it's way outta your price range, don't feel badly if you let it slide.
    Phil in Big D
    The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

I went back and talked to him, said he couldn't find the hose and wouldn't be able to start it up. Then he wouldn't budge on the price. He asked why I wanted it started so I mentioned the epoxy concerns, then his tone dropped and he didn't seem interested in talking.

Guess it worked out, no loss no gain.

Back on the hunt for an hvlp.

Thanks for the help!