Thread: Fish Tank Stand

Fish Tank Stand

I just finished this fish tank stand for a 75gal acrylic aquarium. It was my 1st project that started with Sketchup (1st picture). Sketchup is really easy to use. The trick was to come up with something that would hold about 750 lbs. The stand was made from 8/4 cherry from Wall Lumber. I've had good luck with their UPS bundles. Order on monday and get get on saturday. The joinery is all 10mm dominos. Two in each connection. My future plans are to add two cabinets that will slip into the bottom. One to hide the filter and another to hold all the supplies. That will come latter. I was in a hurry to get the stand in place.

My fish is very happy with the new home.

Thanks for looking.

~mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Carlson; 11-14-2009 at 11:47 PM.

Hi mark nice stand i like the simple design.I build stands one or twice a year.Someday i hope to build one without plywood and 2+4.

Nice and functional....
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Mark, great job on the construction. I kind of like the open look, but I understand wanting storage, etc. BTW, your fish looks lonely - a playmate might be the next consideration!

Thanks John, John and Andrew.

Another reason for the bigger tank was to get more fish. Someone gave my a 1in comet in a 2 gal tank. I upgraded to a 30 gal tank. Now he's an 8in monster. I need to find a fish that can compete with him, so it will need to be good sized.

~mark

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Mark, great job on the construction. I kind of like the open look, but I understand wanting storage, etc. BTW, your fish looks lonely - a playmate might be the next consideration!