Thread: A few boxes headed to the gallery (hopefully)...

A few boxes headed to the gallery (hopefully)...

I made these boxes and plan to take them to a local gallery to see if they are interested in selling them for me, we'll see....

This first one is african mahogany, birdseye maple and purpleheart. The tray slides back and forth and I didn't show it, but it also has a purpleheart corner key. The bottom is just felt. I finished the box with wipe on poly and rubbed out with paste wax.

Thanks for looking.
    Please let me know what you think.

Ryan
    Remember this when you work with wood:

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. "
    Michael J. Fox

And here is the other box. Hard maple and purpleheart. Actually my first attempt at a bandsaw box, and I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It's also my first attempt at flocking. It wasn't difficult, turned out great, and looks way nicer than the felt adhesive. The top drawer is only 1 compartment, the bottom drawer has 2.

Thanks for looking.
    Please let me know what you think.

Ryan

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence, I can reach for; perfection is God's business. "
    Michael J. Fox

Nice work !!
    MARK

another nice box

Love how tight all the pieces in the lid of the first box are.

Great boxes! I just installed a raiser block and new Timberwolf blade so I... well my wife and I, can make our first Bandsaw boxes. However this string is about you and our work and I gotta say they look GREAT!

Nice work, Ryan. Hope the sales go well, and perhaps you will develop a consistent market for your work. The mahogany and curly maple make a very nice contrasting piece.

Very nice Ryan. I may attempt a few of those band-saw boxes one day when she quits requisitioning for carcass pieces for our home. I like that one a lot..
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

The bandsaw box is excellent. Where can I read about this technique I've never heard of it before?
    Graphic Designer for Col. Littleton.

That's beautiful work. Best of luck with the sales.

And let us know what you get for them. It's understood that pieces will sell differently in different areas of the country, and the salesman/gallery in this case will have a major impact on what it sells for, but it would be of interest to your fellow woodworkers just the same.

Great work on both boxes. You chose some nice combinations of wood. Best of luck with the sales.

Thanks guys. I will be sure to let you know what happens at the gallery.

Paul, there are lots of books and info on the internet about Bandsaw boxes. I got one of Lois Venturas books and this box is a variation of one of her designs.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Ryan

Michael J. Fox

Ryan.

Nice job on the box.
    The contrasting woods work well together.

Good luck with getting them into a gallery.
    Might be a nice little side business to pump up the tool fund...
    Let the sales start...