Thread: UV Flatbed questions

Question UV Flatbed questions

We mostly do engraving (laser & rotary) and sublimation and we are thinking about getting a uv flatbed printer, now we have no idea of brands, quality, inks, prices or anything about these printers, i wonder if someone around here could point us in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you guys
    Custom built PC Water Cooled Intel CoreI7 Gulftown 6Core CPU 3.597GHZ , 24GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 with triple 22" Monitors

*Epilog Mini 45W
    *Epilog Helix 24 60W
    *Epilog FiberMark 20W - Rotary Attachment
    *ULS V460 50W-Dual Head-Rotary Attachment-Vector Cutting Table
    *ULS VLS6.60 60W
    * New Hermes IS400IQ Rotary Engraver
    * New Hermes IS400TM Rotary Engraver
    *Vision 1624 Rotary

What kind of budget do you have for this machine? I am friends with the owner of a shop that has a huge machine, $250,000 or more. If you are in that market I am sure he would be willing to talk with you if he has time. If not something that large, I would try one of the sign forums - signs101.com for example.

Gary

wow, i dont think we want one as big, i will check those forums thanks
    Custom built PC Water Cooled Intel CoreI7 Gulftown 6Core CPU 3.597GHZ , 24GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 with triple 22" Monitors

*Epilog Mini 45W
    *Epilog Helix 24 60W
    *Epilog FiberMark 20W - Rotary Attachment
    *ULS V460 50W-Dual Head-Rotary Attachment-Vector Cutting Table
    *ULS VLS6.60 60W
    * New Hermes IS400IQ Rotary Engraver
    * New Hermes IS400TM Rotary Engraver
    *Vision 1624 Rotary

Look around the Signs 101 forum for advice too.

Great collection of equipment in your shop.

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Your local sales reps can be of some service (remember they are trying to sell) but.... you will be paying for two things, size and speed. So if i was in your shoes I'd decide what you really want to print on and then add on a bit for the future. I've done some shopping myself recently and am amazed at the initial cost...

Now I got the BUG.... I want a UV Cure Flatbed with WHITE...... A Mimaki UJF 3042 UV LED Desktop Printer or with a bigger table 23 x 27 with bulb UV lamps.... the UJF-706.....

Anyone here a Mimaki Dealer? Roy?

Anyone know the winning Lotto Numbers for next week?

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

Look here for affrodable price and LED curing
    http://sun-nsk.ru/en/
    GCC Dealer in Baltic countries

That is some very nice equipment.... Wish they had a table model....

The price of admission with setup and training in the small UJF-3042 is about $41K with setup and training...

It's nice to dream....

AL