Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Pics of the shop!!!

Updated Pics of the shop!!!

Hey Folks, Its been a while since I have posted new pics of the shop in progress. Not a whole lot has changed. You may have seen some of these with my various projects but I though that I would just post some new ones. Enjoy.

Chuck
    DSC00062.jpg DSC00063.jpg DSC00064.jpg DSC00066.jpg DSC00067.jpg DSC00068.jpg DSC00069.jpg DSC00082.jpg

Very nice, but too clean

Putting in a floor?

Nope. Not going to put in a floor. Just going to be concrete. Wheelchair glides nicely over this. See no reason to change it.

Chuck

Chuck,
    I have a 75k BTU Hot Dawg furnace that looks like yours except for the pipe that looks like it is the air supply for the furnace. My furnace does not have an outside air supply, did your furnace come that way or did you have to have a modification to get an outside air supply hook up? I did not know that there was an option available giving the furnace that option.
    David B

Blog Entries
    Love that huge tablesaw surface. Great Hot Dawg install as well. Really a sweet workspace.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by David G Baker View Post
    Chuck,
    I have a 75k BTU Hot Dawg furnace that looks like yours except for the pipe that looks like it is the air supply for the furnace. My furnace does not have an outside air supply, did your furnace come that way or did you have to have a modification to get an outside air supply hook up? I did not know that there was an option available giving the furnace that option.
    It is a sealed combustion unit. It draws all of its air from outside. I thought that it would be best to have this kind of unit. Don't want to have a dust explosion or anything. I know that I probably didn't need it not that I have a cyclone,but ii did it anyway. Better safe than sorry. It is hooked up to what is called a concentic vent adapter kit. It takes two pipes and turns it into one. Two four inch connecions on the inside and a six inch on the outside with a four inch coming out of the six inch. I only had to cut one hole that way. Works great. It is the 45K unit. Love it.

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Isaacson View Post
    Nope. Not going to put in a floor. Just going to be concrete. Wheelchair glides nicely over this. See no reason to change it.

Chuck
    Oh, makes sense. I saw what looked like sections of floor stacked against the bandsaw.

Enjoy!

Mike

Chuck, your shop is really looking good. You are well on your way. Keep up the good work,

Sam

Very nice shop! I'm very jealous.

How does the DC work on the Bandsaw, Jointer, and Planer? That seems like a lot of flex hose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aeschliman View Post
    Very nice shop! I'm very jealous.

How does the DC work on the Bandsaw, Jointer, and Planer? That seems like a lot of flex hose!!
    Each one has a blast gate on it. And when you have a 2.5HP Penn State Cyclone behind it, it works GREAT!!! I love that cyclone. For the power and price, it was worth every penny that I spent. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. I left the hose on the planer so that I could move it around if I need to. The other one, I just haven't cut to length yet. I wanted to be sure that I have them where I want them and I was also using one of the hoses for another tool that is farther away until I get its drop finished.

CHuck

Thanks Chuck. I went to the Modine site and looked up the closed Hot Dawg system that I did not know existed when I purchased mine. The cost of the 75K closed unit is approximately double the cost of the unit I have. I wish that I had gone the closed system route rather than using shop air for the air source for the flame. The air in my shop stinks when I enter it in the Winter, I have a carbon monoxide detector that has never gone off but the smell still bothers me. It does go away pretty quickly if I leave the walk through door open for a few minutes but so does the accumulated heat.
    Great looking shop.
    David B

I can figure most of it out, by the stupid curious part of me wants to know. How did you get that heater up there? I am assuming you farmed the job out, but if not, how did you manage it?

(not trying to be rude, just curious if you came up with a creative solution to the issue of elevation...)
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Sheesh! It looks like the Astro Dome compared to my modest shop. Nice!

I have to sometimes squeeze between equipment when I've got a project going.

Enjoy!
    Stan

David,
    In my case the seller of my Hot Dawg would not sell to a consumer so I had to have a HVAC company purchase my unit and install it. My ceiling is 10 feet high and the four guys that did the install used two ladders and muscled the unit up the ladder while one guy in the attic lowered the all thread rod while the guys below threaded the rod into the unit. I don't recall what the device is called but most HVAC companies have hydraulic/scissor or platform lifts to lift air conditioner and heating units into place. Guess my installers didn't have one available. I was mad at the installers because they scratched the heck out of the bottom of my unit. I let it go because by the time they were done I was happy to have them leave. It was sort of like watching a Keystone Cop movie watching them work.
    David B

Beautiful shop Chuck. You did exactly what I have planned for the outfeed table for my TS. Should double nicely as an assembly/finishing/whatever table when not being used with the saw. See that you really like your Penn State cyclone. Am torn between them and Oneida but the PSI units appear to be a slightly better bargain. Do you have their "recirculating cleanout" and, if so, how do you like it? My DC is going to be outside in a separate enclosure on the back wall of my shop and I'm torn between using filters with a cleanout or just venting it out into the woods.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Winter's coming!