Thread: New HF DC w/ Thien baffle & Wynn filter

New HF DC w/ Thien baffle & Wynn filter

I just finished upgrading the Harbor Freight 2hp dust collector I got a few weeks ago with Phil Thien's separator, and the 35a paper filter cartridge that arrived from Wynn today. Yup, FedEx actually knocked on my door on a Saturday.

I have nothing but good things to say about the service from Wynn. I emailed them my name and address, and then called a little while later to give them my cc info, and Dick Wynn actually answered the phone and talked to me for a few minutes about the purchase. He wanted to make sure I was getting the right filter for my DC and situation. He mentioned they have a new filter that is even better than the spun bound but we decided for the amount of work I do, the less expensive paper filter would be just fine. I had also wanted to buy the 10 pack of poly bags, but he persuaded me to hold off because the filter came with 3 already, and he wanted me to be sure that they would work good for me before I ordered more. Now that is customer service.

So thanks to Phil and his website, I got everything set up tonight in under an hour. I wanted to show everyone photos (no pics didn't happen, right?) of the set up, and of the 5 micron bag that I took off of the DC. Wow was it dirty! And after only half a bag of dust and chips. I was amazed that there was that much dust in the felt bag. I am very glad that I made these upgrades so that the nasty dust won't be in my lungs. And I encourage anyone else with a single stage DC like this to do the same.

Oh, and one more benefit of the new filter - it shrunk the height of the DC by 11 inches. No I don't have to worry about navigating around the overhead ducts and banging into them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It’s only work if somebody makes you do it.
    A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.