Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: molded 220V power cord source?

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Bartlett View Post
    Which type of receptacle do you plan to use? Molded cords are commonly available in dryer (NEMA 10-30) and range (NEMA 14-50) type receptacles if you want to use that type.
    You can identify your connector type here:
    http://www.stayonline.com/reference-...ght-blade.aspx
    A NEMA 10-30 is not a grounding type device,it's a dual voltage device line, line,& neutral.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Meyers View Post
    A NEMA 10-30 is not a grounding type device,it's a dual voltage device line, line,& neutral.....
    Oops- that was 10-30P, superseded in code by 14-30P. A lot of older homes used the 10-30P, mine included. Probably not a good idea to use for equipment anymore but can still be purchased.
    Last edited by Josiah Bartlett; 11-29-2009 at 3:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Bartlett View Post
    Oops- that was 10-30P, superseded in code by 14-30P. A lot of older homes used the 10-30P, mine included. Probably not a good idea to use for equipment anymore but can still be purchased.
    NEMA 10-30 & 10-50 devices are still code acceptable for EXISTING installations for clothes dryers & ranges.

Smile If you want . . .

If you want something durable, buy SO cord by the foot & a "quality" plug.

Assemble correctly & you have something that will take the wear & tear of a shop & be safe. It will be around for life & won't fall apart when you unplug it. Besides, do you really want to smell that "nauseous" odor put off by Chinese plastic & rubber. One thing I like about my shop is the fact I can retreat to a room full of well made "things" that produces well made "things". And of course, the sweet smell of wood . . . .

I personally have no desire to have power routed through a bunch of molded Chinese devices 24/7. They make "look pretty", but they are junk.

With electrical work, junk = fire

Just my 2 cents . . .
    Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .