Thread: Duct Tape: A class that would make Red Green Proud!

Talking Duct Tape: A class that would make Red Green Proud!

Duct Tape Fashions [K002]
    date & time: Saturday
    October 9 1pm – 4pm
    instructor: Kerry Ishizaki
    Make a real fashion statement with Duct Tape Fashions. Join artist Kerry Ishizaki and learn to make cool accessories that will show off your own unique, expressive style. Make a wallet, a belt, a purse and shoes (yes, wearable shoes). Be the first on your block with this do-it-yourself fashion trend. Supply list sent upon registration.
    tuition: $60 (members $40)
    materials fee: $13 (payable to instructor)

http://www.contemporarycraft.org/

A pair of shoes would be worth the tuition price wouldn't it?

After all theses years of fixin holes in my jeans and getting those looks from SWMBO it turns out I was a trend settter and in STYLE.

Reality really is stranger that fiction and you just can't make this stuff up folks!
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Hmmmm. I like the one---Make a wallet.

Wonder if you make it sticky side in so your bills stay with you??

Good read Charles.

Steve

A former neighbor of mine once made a duct tape wallet, and he still uses it today. He also gave me his extra duct tape calendar--suggestion-a-day type. It's mostly absurd, but ellicits a chuckle now and then. I've also seen pictures of kids who made their prom tuxes and dresses out of duct tape...
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

When I saw the Red Green notation, I couldn't resist.....some may not know of the show and the relationship to duct tape, but as the attached picture shows, more than a couple of creekers sat in on a taping of the show at the Neander Meander, courtesy of the boys at Shepherd Tool.....
    Ho many creekers can you id in the attched pic....hmmmm...maybe the winner gets a roll of duct tape
    Roger
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roger Myers; 10-04-2004 at 12:52 PM.

That Red Green sure is good ol Canadian humour almost at it's best!! Too funny about that course, though! Got to thinking that a lot of the running shoes the kids are wearing these days look almost duct-tape "ish"!! (I totally love the Man's prayer...... even though I'm not a man, I often feel the same way!!)

Thanks for the laugh!
    Christine