Thread: First Real NE Bowl

First Real NE Bowl

After making a funnel on my first attempt at a NE bowl, I paid more attention and was able to finish this without any mishaps. It's Elm, 6" in diameter by 4" high, 3/8" wall thickness. Finished with Formbys Tung Oil that I had on hand. Tell me what you think. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think you have the hang of it now. Looks good.
    Corel Draw 9, 12, X3 Also a CNC Router user. Web page http://www.scrollsaws.com

Congrats on finishing your first NE bowl! Great job on keeping all the bark! Nice color and finish! Keep turning and experimenting with form. Looking forward to seeing NE #2!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Good looking first NE. Great job keeping the bark on. Yep funnels happen.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Congrats Rob, Practice makes perfect.

Nice job on that NE.
    ( I'm even picking up more and more of the slang)

Nice job but I'd make the base smaller. the rest looks nice. and the finish is good too
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

rob - i'm with jarrol - your bowl is very nice, great finish - but the bottom is far too flat and wide for my taste. keep it up! can only get better with a first like this (wait - that doesn't sound right; i mean, with a first done this well, i figure your future turnings will be great. you what i'm trying to say...i'm going to go now).
    Last edited by Mike Minto; 11-30-2009 at 5:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Minto View Post
    rob - i'm with jarrol - your bowl is very nice, great finish - but the bottom is far too flat and wide for my taste. keep it up! can only get better with a first like this.
    Thanks for the comments. I'm still trying to get an eye for form. Guess I'll just have to keep turning