Has anyone ever used the pour on, self leveling epoxy type finish (seen it in some catalogs - kinda like bar top finish or for those Cypress stump coffee tables) and if so how did you like it? I am building a dresser for my 8 year old daughter and am thinking of putting in an inlay banding around the seam where I am going to bread board edge the top. I am using quarter sawn red oak and would like something that is high gloss and has a deep looking reflective finish for the top only. I plan on filling the grain before finishing with a gloss finish for the rest of the dresser (haven't yet decided on what brand yet so help me here too - don't have the equip. for spraying though). I am looking for something that is very durable as my girl and her friends can scratch up a steel plate let alone a piece of hand made furniture . I would like to have something that is relatively light shaded but definitely not dark as I want the grain to jump out and grab you. Do you think that the epoxy type finish would yellow too much or just as much as a normal poly does?
Thanks in advance - you guys are great. Mike