Thread: Where can one purchase Baltic Birch Ply in Fla?

Smile Where can one purchase Baltic Birch Ply in Fla?

Any one have a source in central fl? Where can one purchase Baltic Birch Ply in Fla?

Not Many Lumberyards Around

I've seen Baltic Birch ply at the 84 Lumber in Gainesville before, but it's hit or miss.

I will often ask local cabinet shops if they'll sell me a couple sheets. There are a couple around that will gladly order anything I want and sell it to me for what it cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by bob frost View Post
    Any one have a source in central fl? Where can one purchase Baltic Birch Ply in Fla?
    All my sources need a business license but you can try them.

Dixie Ply in Orlando
    Hood Industries (used to be McEwens) in Apopka
    Quality Plywood Specialties in Sanford

I'm assuming those areas are what you mean for central florida.

Thanks Brian and Brian, I did call the Lakeland hardwood supply and they said they could order it but he has not called back with the price. Do you all know about what 3/4 5'x5' would cost?

A lot of the places claiming to sell it get it from one of the places I mentioned. For instance, Woodcraft gets all their hardwood (except maybe some exotics) from Dixie Ply.

I haven't priced it in a while but $60 comes to mind. Let me know what town you're located in, maybe I can meet you at Hood or QPS one day because I have an account with both of them.

No idea where to buy plywood in FL but if it is of any help, I checked with my local source and 5 x 5 3/4" Baltic birch goes for $60 per sheet. 12" x 30" is $11.10 and 16 x 30" is $14.78.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Gumpper View Post
    A lot of the places claiming to sell it get it from one of the places I mentioned. For instance, Woodcraft gets all their hardwood (except maybe some exotics) from Dixie Ply.

I haven't priced it in a while but $60 comes to mind. Let me know what town you're located in, maybe I can meet you at Hood or QPS one day because I have an account with both of them.
    Not only is Mr. Gumpper a nice guy for offering to help you with your BB plywood purchase, he also offers World Class customer service if and when you're ever in the market for a Whiteside router bit. I know this for a fact!

It's not a local source, but these folks are worth checking out for plywood. You can purchase a full sheet and they'll cut it however you wish as long as it is within the parameters of UPS shipping packages.

http://www.kencraftcompany.com/ply3.htm#baltic

They'll cut to sizes other than what you'll see on their website above. I don't remember what the maximum size is that UPS ground will ship. I've ordered a full sheet of BB and had them cut it so that I got 2 pieces 24 X 48 (what I needed for a specific project) and the remainder of the sheet cut as I requested, too. It was fast shipping, reasonable prices and the lady on the phone understood exactly what I wanted as I explained it. For me, it's not worth driving 100 miles or more to get a full sheet of it.

You can also order full sheets but I think you need to buy 10 sheets minimum to make it worthwhile because full sheet sizes ship via trucking company.

Good luck!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"

I made a call and it's $34 still coming out of Russia which I guess it has to if they want to call it baltic birch.