Thread: DC Gloat

DC Gloat

Ok so I see an add on craigs list for a $275 PM1900 with upgraded Oneida bags. I email the guy and start negotiations low at $195. He calls me the next morning and says DEAL, he'll take the 195.

So I drive 5hrs one way in my WVO powered F250 and pick up the DC. Well when I got there the SUPER nice guy gives me a trash can separator and a whole bunch of hose, along with the 2 original bags. all for $195

So I'm thinking I scored a gloat worthy 3hp 220v DC

what say ye?

Oh, sorry for the cruddy pics, there only here for proof
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Aaron Berk; 12-04-2009 at 9:34 PM. Reason: pic

Score! I got almost that much into my HF DC and haven't ordered a wynn filter yet.

Looks like ya done good, Aaron!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Certainly gloat worthy!
    I drink, therefore I am.

Thank you thank you.

To be quite honest I wasn't really in the position to buy a BIG dc, cause my shop is super crowded as it is. But for $195 I knew I could shoe horn it somewhere. I think I'll be selling off the trash can lid and building a Thien separator.

Ok something else

Well I thought I had 2 Oneida bags and 2 original bags. Wrong. As it turns out the 2 original bags were inside out Oneida bags. So I've got 4. So I guess the guy had been using filter bags for both the top and bottom, because the 2 inside out bags also have an upside down logo on them. So this brings me to a question, is it worth running the filter bags on the bottom for the performance boost? Or just running the clear bags so I know when they are full?

Hey Aaron!
    Nice score! BTW, your shop looks like mine - must be a regional thing, huh? Where are you located in Savannah?
    Maurice

Blog Entries
    Very gloat-worthy. You couldn't buy the motor for that much.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Good score! My HF DC was cheaper, but... Well it's a Harbor Freight DC and not a big 3HP Powermatic...
    Trying to follow the example of the master...

Excellent score!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Berk View Post
    Well I thought I had 2 Oneida bags and 2 original bags. Wrong. As it turns out the 2 original bags were inside out Oneida bags. So I've got 4. So I guess the guy had been using filter bags for both the top and bottom, because the 2 inside out bags also have an upside down logo on them. So this brings me to a question, is it worth running the filter bags on the bottom for the performance boost? Or just running the clear bags so I know when they are full?
    Well, since you already have them, sure. More filter area will reduce the back pressure on the blower, increasing your airflow. Probably not a big improvement, though - you may want to just sell the extras and decrease the cost of your gloat even more

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Ungaro View Post
    Hey Aaron!
    Nice score! BTW, your shop looks like mine - must be a regional thing, huh? Where are you located in Savannah?

Wish I had checked the creek sooner, I was up in Beaufort today. Ran up there to get an ultrasound of our 6th baby. It's gonna be a BOY by the way
    I could have arranged a creeker stop SWMBO would have loved that.

And for future reference I'm on Wilmington Island, 5 min to Tybee beach, come by any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Friedrichs View Post
    Well, since you already have them, sure. More filter area will reduce the back pressure on the blower, increasing your airflow. Probably not a big improvement, though - you may want to just sell the extras and decrease the cost of your gloat even more

Oh no, bad news.
    I found a hole in one of the top filter bags. It seems that the vertical rod that holds the bag poked a hole in it. I think I'll need to get longer bar stock and bend a hook into the top.
    I'm guessing the original bags were smaller, these Oneida bags are huge.
    So I'll use a bottom bag to replace the one with the hole. Unless any one here knows a good seamstress

Well, congrats to both of you, then!

Hey, Aaron, isn't having 6 children like having 6 routers, or 6 drills, or 6 sanders? Doncha need just one?
    I drink, therefore I am.