Thread: Opinions on Gerstner 92-XL Tool Box Please

Opinions on Gerstner 92-XL Tool Box Please

Considering treating myself with a once-in-a-lifetime tool display box in cherry or walnut. Thank you, Eric

They're nice boxes, but for a once-in-a-lifetime thing, I made one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Smile Buy The Gerstner . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Paul View Post
    Considering treating myself with a once-in-a-lifetime tool display box in cherry or walnut. Thank you, Eric
    Buy the GERSTNER, then challange your skills to build it even better . . .

Gerstner won't be around much longer . . . Be careful, DO NOT BUY THE GERSTNER INTERNATIONAL , those are made in CHINA . . .

Steve
    Support the "CREEK" . . .

4. Gerstner

Eric ,

sent you a pm

I have a couple Gerstner boxes. Love them. Like Steven said, Gerstner International is not the same as Gerstner. I thought about building boxes, but decided that I would just buy a vintage set the first time around. Even though it was a bit expensive, I don't regret doing it that way. I'll go investigate that part number...

edit- My box is a 52, on top of a 52B (I think). I use it for storing my layout and measuring tools. Yes I have far more of them than I really need. I do like having the drawers of different sizes that the 52 offers.
    Last edited by Steve Rozmiarek; 12-03-2009 at 5:11 PM.

Thanks, definitely considering Gerstner, not Gerstner Intl

pretty heavy statement about them not being around much longer. Can you please clarify?

From what I understand, that is untrue and unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Steven DeMars View Post
    Buy the GERSTNER, then challange your skills to build it even better . . .

Gerstner won't be around much longer . . . Be careful, DO NOT BUY THE GERSTNER INTERNATIONAL , those are made in CHINA . . .

Steve
    As far as Gerstner's longevity, I spoke to a family member this week for more than an hour. No such truth. Frankly, presenting a note like that is, in my humble opinion, irresponsible. In addition, I may add, their customer focus and service was beyond exceptional. As far as Gerstner international, that was a strategic move to compete at that price point without sacrificing their standards for their higher end product line.