Thread: Setting FM stations on a Sirius radio

Setting FM stations on a Sirius radio

I can't figure this out.

I've got the ST4(a) model and I'd like to put it in my car once in a while. The unit comes pre-set with one FM station set to 88.1. In my area there's a strong signal on 88.1. There's room for other FM settings but I can't get the darned thing to play along.

#2-5 show <empty>. No matter what I've tried I can't get a new frequency number to show on the screen let alone 'stick'.

There're no instructions on the Sirius site and the instruction book just says that you can do it but no how to do it.

Anyone know how to do this?

Attached Images Attached Images
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell Andrus View Post
    I can't figure this out.

I've got the ST4(a) model and I'd like to put it in my car once in a while. The unit comes pre-set with one FM station set to 88.1. In my area there's a strong signal on 88.1. There's room for other FM settings but I can't get the darned thing to play along.

#2-5 show <empty>. No matter what I've tried I can't get a new frequency number to show on the screen let alone 'stick'.

There're no instructions on the Sirius site and the instruction book just says that you can do it but no how to do it.

Anyone know how to do this?

You need to find someone under 20 to do this. They have been designed with an age sensor and will not function if the circuit detects "oldness."

Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Alden View Post
    You need to find someone under 20 to do this. They have been designed with an age sensor and will not function if the circuit detects "oldness."

Carlos
    Yea, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Go to page 96 of the manual...

I found it on page 96 here:

http://www.sirius.com/pdf/manuals/ST...de-011707b.pdf

If it's at all possible, you should get a direct connection between your Sirius radio and your car radio. Then you don't have to worry about FM interference. It sounds 1,000 times better that way.

Hope this helps...
    Doug

Thanks. I'll have a shot at it tomorrow. It looks like I'm getting stuck in menu hell.