Thread: JessEm's reply on customer service.

JessEm's reply on customer service.

I wrote and email to Jessem today, the web form did not work so I had to use the email address that is on the page. The mail was to tell them about the web page and to let them know how people are feeling about their customer service.

I received a reply a few hours later, here it is.

Bill,

Thank you for your email and support of JessEm. You are the second person who has found the contact JessEm submit button doesn't work. I have tried it myself without problem but there has to be something wrong with it so we are digging deeper into the problem to make sure it will work in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are developing and adding to our site in house now, so there will be many updates to the site as time goes on.

In regards to our customer service. You and everyone else that has had a problem with our customer service are completely right that we had a problem and it was totally unacceptable. I started this company thirteen years ago; and believe me, I take any criticism of JessEm to heart. The talk of our poor customer service has caused me a lot of stress and I apologize for the difficulty anyone has experienced.

There is no excuse for how poorly JessEm performed with customer service, and to be honest, the level of quality issues we experienced over the past few years as well. As you probably know we relocated JessEm two and half years ago and since then moved it back to our original location. Building a competent team in a company is the greatest challenge and we were just not able to put a team together after our move and this was evident in our customer service. It doesn't take a lot to make a move like we did turn sour, it seemed that all odds were against us during this transition.

These problems are behind us now, and we will do whatever is necessary to win the favour our customers. Fortunately, we are now rebuilding the company and have started to recover from this difficult time. Our quality is back to the JessEm standard and we are developing new tools once again.

Thank you once again Bill for your email and support and also defending JessEm in the marketplace. If you come across any other members of Saw Mill Creek that have had past problems not addressed please point them in my direction and I will personally make sure their issues are taken care of.

All the best,

Darrin E. Smith
    President

JessEm Tool Company, Ltd.
    100 Caplan Ave. Unit # 14 & 15
    Barrie, Ontario
    L4N 9J2

Phone: (705) 726-8233
    Toll Free (800( 436-6799
    Fax: (705) 726-7519

www.JessEm.com
    dsmith@jessem.com

Blog Entries
    Sounds like he is serious about improving things and not just giving you some platitudes and excuses.

Thanks for posting this. I have a Mast-R-slider and would like to consider their other products in the future.
    Gary

i hope that he is serious. My experience in the last three weeks would make me question his seriousness. I called and e-mailed re: a problem with two bad bearings in a MastRslide and got no - zero - response from Jessem. I finally got my problem solved thanks to Amazon.com and the retailer - but no thanks to Jessem. It has really been a shame because they make [or made] really fine products in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Chapman View Post
    i hope that he is serious. My experience in the last three weeks would make me question his seriousness. I called and e-mailed re: a problem with two bad bearings in a MastRslide and got no - zero - response from Jessem. I finally got my problem solved thanks to Amazon.com and the retailer - but no thanks to Jessem. It has really been a shame because they make [or made] really fine products in my opinion.
    Robert, his email address is at the bottom of the reply.

Thanks for the info Bill. Thankfully my Jessum router lift has performed flawlessly for the past 4 years and shows no signs of failing presently. Glad to know Jessum will attempt to continue to be there in the future. It is just not easy growing a business these days with so many nasty critics like myself cruising the internet ready to pounce! I like Jessum's products so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Blog Entries
    I am sorry to say I have heard the same apologies and promises to do better for years ;-( They seem to have too fine a product line to take such a hit over customer service.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I can't speak for their customer service currently but 6 months ago they bent over backwards to help me out. I just wanted to let others know that they really do care about helping a customer out.

Bob

Sounds like they moved back to Barrie Ontairo ?

Wow.. that is an expensive move.

That is a humble letter.. I would tend to believe that while there may be challenges.. This guy cares..

I have a Jessem Router lift.. Its an excellent tool.. I am now thinking about getting a bigger lift, to hold a bigger router.. I would not hesitate to buy a Jessem lift again..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Huber View Post
    I wrote and email to Jessem today, the web form did not work so I had to use the email address that is on the page. The mail was to tell them about the web page and to let them know how people are feeling about their customer service.

I received a reply a few hours later, here it is.

Bill,

Thank you for your email and support of JessEm. You are the second person who has found the contact JessEm submit button doesn't work. I have tried it myself without problem but there has to be something wrong with it so we are digging deeper into the problem to make sure it will work in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are developing and adding to our site in house now, so there will be many updates to the site as time goes on.

In regards to our customer service. You and everyone else that has had a problem with our customer service are completely right that we had a problem and it was totally unacceptable. I started this company thirteen years ago; and believe me, I take any criticism of JessEm to heart. The talk of our poor customer service has caused me a lot of stress and I apologize for the difficulty anyone has experienced.

There is no excuse for how poorly JessEm performed with customer service, and to be honest, the level of quality issues we experienced over the past few years as well. As you probably know we relocated JessEm two and half years ago and since then moved it back to our original location. Building a competent team in a company is the greatest challenge and we were just not able to put a team together after our move and this was evident in our customer service. It doesn't take a lot to make a move like we did turn sour, it seemed that all odds were against us during this transition.

These problems are behind us now, and we will do whatever is necessary to win the favour our customers. Fortunately, we are now rebuilding the company and have started to recover from this difficult time. Our quality is back to the JessEm standard and we are developing new tools once again.

Thank you once again Bill for your email and support and also defending JessEm in the marketplace. If you come across any other members of Saw Mill Creek that have had past problems not addressed please point them in my direction and I will personally make sure their issues are taken care of.

All the best,

Darrin E. Smith
    President

JessEm Tool Company, Ltd.
    100 Caplan Ave. Unit # 14 & 15
    Barrie, Ontario
    L4N 9J2

Phone: (705) 726-8233
    Toll Free (800( 436-6799
    Fax: (705) 726-7519

www.JessEm.com
    dsmith@jessem.com

I think your email did the trick. Here is my experience with Jessem customer service today.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ghlight=jessem