Thread: 1st batch of gifts done.

1st batch of gifts done.

amid all the chaos of setting up an new shop in my garage/restoring a large set of vintage power tools. I managed to get these out of the shop, i have 7 more left to be hand sanded and oiled. (cutting/serving boards)

I've got a lot of projects lined up now, but a band saw stand is up next, can't wait to use the band saw, Just finished brazing a bunch of blades with a jig i made in the shop. Fun!
    Last edited by Patrick Doody; 12-03-2009 at 11:03 PM.

Good looking cutting boards, and some beautiful curly maple! You are further along in getting ready for Christmas than am I!

Looks like a nice batch of xmas gifts Patrick.

And you are also way ahead of me in the present department....
    Last edited by gary Zimmel; 12-04-2009 at 1:58 AM.

Thanks Guys, I started this project a few months ago, looking for the best wood i could find, my local suppliers don't have anything nice so I got all of my wood on ebay of all places. I think I got a good deal on most of it, some of it didn't look as great in person as it did online, but it just took more work on my part to get it there. I'm just starting out, but this project has given me a lot of practice prepping wood for finishing. I've done a lot of scraping and sanding on these. my forearms feel like popeye's right now.

this is the bandsaw stand that I'm planning on building. It's gonna be fun to learn mortise and tenon joinery.

Nice looking gifts Patrick... a reminder I need to get crankin'!
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Very nice work. I bet your family will not want to use them for cutting boards.

Thats some beautiful wood, and clean design and work. Very nice.

Made out of some cutting board scrap. My hands are tired from drilling holes, punching centers, and sanding