Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grandson's new cradle

Now I will have to do something like it - - -

Your work is beautiful and I too like the carving and am an oak fan. The rocking motion will really keep that baby happy and quiet (if my memory serves me ) and each time your daughter rocks your grandson she will recall the guy who made the cradle and perhaps even smile.

Good start.. excellent finished. That really looks great. Good luck to your family on delivery and that is not the delivery of the cradle.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

wheat carving on the end

Jeff,

How did you carve the wheat like design on the end? Looks great.

Jim

The cradle looks great, Jeff.
    Mike Svoma

"There is nothing sexier than a woman in camoflage"

I have been carving for about 35 years

Jim, All the carving is done by hand with nice sharp carving tools, I have been carving and whittling for as long as I can remember. The wheat or like I call them willow leaves are one of my most favorite things to carve, I put them in one form or another on lots of things. Here are a couple more examples. The bed I did 18 years ago, the little box I did 35 years ago, the little fan thing I did a couple years ago for my kitchen and the magazine rack I did 20 years ago. I need to get back into it more but turning has taken the #1 spot in my heart!

Thanks for looking,

Jeff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    To turn or not to turn that is the question: ........Of course the answer is...........TURN ,TURN,TURN!!!!
    Anyone "Fool" can know, The important thing is to Understand................Albert Einstein
    To follow blindly, is to never become a leader............................................ .....Unknown

A fine example of a heirloom cradle Jeff.
    I'm sure the little guy will be very cozy in his new home...
    Thanks for the look see.

Jeff, that's really nice work. and I love all the other carving you've done up the road a while back. awesome stuff
    well depending on the way I would travel, I'm roughly 2,340 miles to 2,529 miles away from the infamous STEVE SCHLUMPF!!!!

Excellent work on the carvings, particularly the bed! BTW, what is all that white stuff outside???!!??

Jeff what some heart touching work , your have more talent than the biggest part of all of us put together on here . Thanks for the step by step actions .......Marshall
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box

Smile Thanks for sharing the other pictures

Jeff,

The carvings are wonderful and thanks for showing them too. I know what you mean about finding time for both turning and carving. I similarly have a few carving projects to do when the opportunity arises.

Have a blessed Christmas and enjoy your time with family,
    Jim