Good evening,

Over the last week I've read every last thread in this forum on shop electrical - and made quite a few detours into the dust collection threads and other interesting places along the way.

I now know how to troubleshoot contactors, wire 3-phase motors and subpanels, that normally outlet amperage ratings must match the circuit wiring & breaker rating, except that you can mix 15A and 20A receptacles on a 20A circuit for some reason, and lots and lots and lots of other stuff.

Things are at that point where I need to add a circuit for my first 220V tool, and while I'm at it I'm going to wire the whole shop/garage right. I've got two circuits today, one for the (inadequate) lights and another for the outlets. In order to run the DC (OK, it's a shop vac) and tablesaw at the same time requires running an extension cord into the house for the vac and turning off the space heater. The good news is the 200A house main panel is in the garage.

My electrician will be helping me with the planning/permitting and a "pre-inspection" of my work to prepare for the county inspector. I'm preparing a list of questions for the electrician, but I know I'll have lots more once I get started. I'd like to find a good book instead of bugging him with 10,000 phone calls.

I'm going to check out the B&D and "code check" books mentioned in earlier threads, but are there any books/web sites/references dealing specifically with woodshop wiring that you have found useful?

A search on Amazon doesn't turn up anything very specific, which seems odd. I find it hard to believe nobody has written a book specifically on woodshop electrical topics.

Let your collective wisdom wash over me...

-Dan