Thread: Snowman Christmas Tree Ornaments

Snowman Christmas Tree Ornaments

I cut 7 of these for my wife's friend to give away for presents , it all started when I made 4 of them for my wife to give to her best friends last year . This pattern came from a CD Collection of Rick and Karen Longabaugh with over 500 designs on it, it's titled >{ Holiday Scrollsaw Ornaments } I cut these snowmen out of 1/8" BB Plywood . Any comments welcome ............Marshall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box

Your a machine when it comes to the scrollsaw Marshall.
    Won't be long and everyones going to have an ornament...

Marshall, you did a great job on these, as well. Are you as productive on your saw throughout the year? If so, you need to check in to a wholesale source for BB ply!

It is a little unusual seeing the scroll work with all the lasers out there. Seems like it kind of took some of that market. Kind of neat seeing someone still at it - and, doing such fine work.

Blog Entries
    Man, you are a scroolsawing phenom. Nice ornaments.

Merry Christmas

Again.. nice job Marshall. I hope to get active with my DW 735 but have a crochet-lamp table.. flat screen TV stand and break-fast nook table ahead with no telling what else get pops into the requisition basket. So.... someday...... maybe.

Nicely done...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Marshall, you did a great job on these, as well. Are you as productive on your saw throughout the year? If so, you need to check in to a wholesale source for BB ply!

It is a little unusual seeing the scroll work with all the lasers out there. Seems like it kind of took some of that market. Kind of neat seeing someone still at it - and, doing such fine work.
    John I don't usually make this many projects until it cools off , for this is my hobby of scrolling and I don't touch it in the warm months . But I do have plans of cutting more for the fall of 2010 and even being more productive with my Dewalt scrollsaw ....I've had so many nice comments on my work other than here also > maybe I'm starting to get good at it after all the practice I've done ...........Marshall

I like the 3D aspect of it. Most tree ornaments I see are just 2D cutouts. These halves slip apart and lay flat for storage?

Yes Andrew these can be done this way , but I added a drop of glue when I finished sanding it and it was made to stay together . These were a pain to cut , but I was told to cut the next one's out of 1/4" MDF next time and it would be easier cutting . Marshall