Thread: Air Supply Fittings for HVLP Gun

Air Supply Fittings for HVLP Gun

Seems like I read something about needing larger connections in the air supply line when running an HVLP spray gun. What types of fittings are needed and where do I find them?

What came with my Accuspray HVLP turbine rig is a hose that looks like a garden hose. The end that screws on to the turbine is a standard garden hose fitting. The end that plugs on to the gun is a quick-connect one. It goes on and off quickly, and also lets the gun rotate without twisting the hose. There are quick-connect garden hose fittings at my local hardware store, but I haven't tested them to see if they're plug-compatible.

I don't have a turbine system - am planning to run the gun off my air compressor. Do I need larger than normal fittings for the quick connects all the way from the compressor to the gun?

Gleem Paint carries them, but you don't need them if you have a large compressor. They are beneficial for smaller compressors.

I have seen the high flow fittings at HF, northern tool also sells them.
    I do not use them for my HVLP gun and have not had any problems. Try what you have and see how it works before you spend the money for all new fittings.
    Thank You
    Ed

Thanks! I just received the gun and haven't even had a chance to hook it up yet. I'll give it a try as is and see how it does.