Thread: GO690 Now With A Router Lift And More Rip Capacity

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World

GO690 Now With A Router Lift And More Rip Capacity

Here is a pic. before I made the modifications.

The rip scale that comes with the saw goes to 35" so I had to make the extension 7" wider than the one that comes with the saw,so now I can rip 35" wide instead of 29".

I moved the fence tube about 6" to the right, I drilled and tapped new 5/16" holes for the tube, I left the heavy angle iron in the front where it was. I moved the back rail over but I can't remember how much.

The table extension is double 3/4" thickness of black laminated melamine and it sits on 1 1/2" x 1/4" thick angle iron bolted to the rails that came with the saw.

I bought this lift http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/200...R-Lift-FX.aspx because I have a PC 890 router.

The fence is home made and works very well. Two 3/8" threaded knobs screw into threaded inserts embedded under the top layer of the extension and holds the fence secure.

I'm still in the process of building a mobile base with legs for the extension because there is just a little too much added width to the right ( I added 20", 7" more then the factory extension)

Here are the are the after pictures

Thanks for looking

JEFF

Good job!! Looks very nice. I've never seen black melamine...where did you find it? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Good job!! Looks very nice. I've never seen black melamine...where did you find it? Jim.

It's melamine covered with black Formica ( I think they call it something different nowadays).

A kid that works for us sometimes works at a cabinet shop,they do a lot of office cabinets and counter tops so he cut two pieces and covered the one. Matches the router lift plate perfect

JEFF

Ahh. Gotcha. Laminate is the word you're probably looking for. Formica being a brand of laminate. Thanks. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Hey Jeff, That's a great looking upgrade that you did. I like your fence that you made for the router table extension. The whole thing looks very well made!
    Stephen Edwards
    Hilham, TN 38568

"Build for the joy of it!"