Thread: Metal Ducts - Nashville

Metal Ducts - Nashville

I am planning to install a new dust collection system this spring and discovered the ducts were considerably more expensive then the unit. I would like to some competitive pricing on metal ducts - 24/22 guage. Does anyone know of duct suppliers more competitive then Onieda? Also has anyone used a company in Nashville, TN or around here that can make them? I do appreciate any help with this.

Greetings from NC!
    Douglas,
    I would go to the manufacturer - Spiral Manufacturing. Here's an older link on your topic - http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=106141. Check post # 11 on some comparative pricing.

Respectfully,
    Tom Wassack
    Asheboro, NC

You don't need that heavy, go with 26ga. unless you're running a commercial cyclone.

a lot of people told me not to use inexpensive heating ducts (the 30 gauge snap seam stuff) but I was on a budget so that's what I used. I took great care to lay out my system for efficiency and I smeared mastic on all the seams, for 90 degree corners I used 2 45s to lengthen it out, and I did spring for good hangars, wall supports and metal gates. I stepped down the sizes from 8" on the main line to 6" on 2 primary legs of the system to 4" on the drops.

For not knowing what I was doing it worked out really well and 7'ish years later I have not had to reconfigure any aspect of this system. It's worked out perfectly and even hogging off a bunch of material with my planer won't choke it up. Blockages are rare, very rare, and usually show up on my router table flexible line, which is considerably smaller at 2".

I'd like to have spiral pipe but after all these years I can't say that I would get better performance from spiral pipe and I did save a ton of money going with what I did.

Thanks for all the help. I am finalizing my order now with Onieda and the last item is what ductwork I use and who I get it from. Thanks Guys - Doug