Thread: Jet JCS-10 TS

Jet JCS-10 TS

I just picked up a jet jcs-10 cabinet saw and am curious if I got a good/fair/bad deal. It's a 2hp, right tilt, 220v with a 50" biesemeyer fence, and a biesemeyer t-square blade guard system. I got it home and cleaned and tuned it up and seems to cut very well. I paid $400

Rick, if it cuts good and youre happy, its a good deal..I dont think you could find a better saw any cheaper
    Dave

IN GOD WE TRUST
    USN Retired

I was wondering if the rails the fence slides on are 50"? Is that what you mean by 50" fence. Just a way of saying it I guess.

a cabinet saw for $400 sounds like a good deal to me.

I'll bet the only giant difference between your jet and my jet is mine is 3hp and cost me 3 times as much (maybe 4 times, I can't remember)

I doubt jet could change much about the way the trunnion and motor are attached.

good haul

I am guessing the fence is sold as a 50" fence, but it actually will slide 53" from the blade.

Was it a "deal". I don't really know, because I don't know what they cost new. (Are they $600 new, or $1200 new????) But I will certainly say you didn't get taken. Sounds like you got a good saw with a great fence for a very reasonable price. I would certainly be happy with that grab. Congrats!
    I drink, therefore I am.