Thread: My First Pepper Mills

My First Pepper Mills

I have made pepper mills for Christmas presents, this year. I was amazed at how the same general shape can vary so subtly, one slight variation being more pleasing than another. I plan to make may more of these and also experiment with different size kits. These are 6" kits from Woodcraft.

These were finished with wipe-on poly and buffed with EEE, WD & Carnauba.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

John, I think those are great. Ruined the two I tried to make, will have to try again. The light wood with the 'ribbon-effect' lips looks especially nice.

John, interesting shape and quite different from the norm! Very appealing, actually. With that profile, I can see where just a little variation would make a difference in the overall look.

Those are some nice mills. I have a couple to make for Christmas and still haven't decided the shape I want. I'm thinking they might look similar to those. Thanks
    Bo

How much money and/or time did "The Creek" save you today. I'll bet it was more than the cost of becoming a contributor.

Nice work on your pepper mills John! I agree - small changes in form can make a huge difference in the finished product. I like the style of these - very clean lines and really good looking wood! Thanks for sharing!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!