Thread: The Tattooed Woodworker

The Tattooed Woodworker

Does anyone know what happened to the Tattooed Woodworker (Robert Giovannetti)?

2. I believe he has a sever case of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome and has had to give up woodworking. Pretty sad really.

Gibsons British Columbia Canada ( near Vancouver )

Tattooed Woodworker

I enjoyed his blog site - alot.

On a side note, I had work related carpal tunnel on both wrists - ( I am a Refrigeration Mechanic for over 30 years ) - I lived with it for a couple of years with the usual symptoms.

The topper of all toppers was when I was going down a 15 foot tall vertical ladder; fortunately, I was on the bottom rung with both feet, my right hand was on the side rail and it just '' let go '' of the rail - I had the presence of mind just to step down onto the ground - had I been up the 15 feet, I would have dropped like a stone.

I got both wrists done with a minimally invasive procedure ( one three stitch incision per wrist ) good as new.

I wish him well.

Dave Beauchesne

My mom, had the same thing done as Dave and she never had problems since!
    Hoppe he'll be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Beauchesne View Post
    I got both wrists done with a minimally invasive procedure ( one three stitch incision per wrist ) good as new.
    Dave, they have come a long way with CT surgery. Years ago, I handled a lot of cases involving repetitive injuries. Carpal tunnel surgery was about 40% successful, and the large "Z" shaped scar was horribly disfiguring.

I have a friend that just had the procedure, and you can hardly tell. I understand the success rate is extremely high now! Glad yours worked out well for you.

I don't know about the the carpal tunnel misfortune, but I have read that the blog was discontinued because of very thoughtless posts from readers of his blog. If you do a little research you can read some responses from those who tried to encourage him to keep it going. In the end, he was a victim of the "Woodworking Taliban", as much as anything. You might find some interesting reading in John Economaki's blog from Bridge City.