Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the Ridgid R4511 Table Saw

What happened to the Ridgid R4511 Table Saw

Does anyone know what happed to the Ridgid R4511? There was a recall in August and the saw has disappeared from Home Depot’s web site. I’ve called both Home Depot and Ridgid and the telephone operators don’t know anything.

After much reading on this and several other forums it seems like the best saw for the money for a newbie like me.

I’ve never posted here (or anywhere else for that matter) before and hope I haven’t violated any rules.

Thanks,
    Mark

You have not broken any rules... it is a valid question. There is a strong rumor going around that it has been discontinued for reasons unknown. My local HD has 2 of these left, and I assume that is it. It is an awesome saw for the price, and if you can find one, you'll be pleased with it's performance. If you have more than one local store, call around and see if any store has one left.

Welcome to the Creek!

Thanks Adam, I will get back on the phone.

4. I count myself lucky that I got it back during the tool sale, but now it can be had for $50 less than I got it... If you can find it.

Like Adam says, very strong rumor that it's been discontinued. Hope you can find one.. Hard to say what they're doing in it's place.

Be Wary

I'm not sure about Rigid's (Emerson) policies, but when PC/Delta 'discontinued' a model, all support was dropped as well. Buying a discontinued model can be a 'Pig in a Poke'. If the deal is irresistible, get confirmation from the manufacturer CS that the warranty is in effect. Do not take the dealer's word for it. DAMHIKT
    Mick

6. Not real sure, but I got conformation yesterday OKing my LSA reg sans original UPC [Thanks!]... So they sure seem to be honoring signups into it.

Thank you all.

I've been looking for a new saw for about a year, then having settled on the R4511 I've waited another six months (because they disappeared from the Home Depot web site and the local stores didn’t have them) so after Adam suggested calling more stores I got lucky; not only did the third store have one, it was on sale for $499. I just got back and scooted it onto my motorcycle lift for assembly (Sunday?).

That is not how I usually spend my Friday nights, but I’m a happy camper and the store was still only 20 miles from home.

It has never been listed as discontinued, and even the tacky sale sign doesn’t mention it. I will hope that the warranty is good, and that, better yet, I don’t have to use it.

Thanks again everone.

Mark Fuhri
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Mark, sure hope you enjoy it!

I'd been thrilled with mine since I got it.. Only issue I had (mind the lift.. install the dust shoot before assembly) was the blade sucks and is warped slightly. Causes some vibration, but it's OK for cutting up most stuff.. I've got a WWII standing by if I feel the need.

Anyway, it's a nice saw for sure.

I also just set up a r4511, and so far I really like it. It is absolutely the most bang for your buck in that price range. Also, don't forget that you are eligible for an additional rebate:

http://www.ridgid.com/download/MIR_FandF_RIDGID.pdf

have fun with your new saw, and be safe.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mickey cassiba View Post
    I'm not sure about Rigid's (Emerson) policies, but when PC/Delta 'discontinued' a model, all support was dropped as well. Buying a discontinued model can be a 'Pig in a Poke'. If the deal is irresistible, get confirmation from the manufacturer CS that the warranty is in effect. Do not take the dealer's word for it. DAMHIKT
    Mick
    AFAIK, the R4511 is made in conjunction with Steel City's Orion division, and has nearly identical guts to the current Steel City 35920 and 35930. If Ridgid and HD truly drop all support of this (hopefully they won't), parts should still be available thru Orion.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Thumbs up

Congrats on finding the saw. Look at the Ridgid Friends and Family Rebate to save some $$.... http://www.ridgid.com/download/MIR_FandF_RIDGID.pdf

You will love this saw. As for the blade that comes with it. It is adequate, but a better quality blade will be a night and day improvement and make you love this saw even more.

Rigid 4511

Congrats on the new saw. Check the arbor and make sure it has a ARBOR CHECKED sticker if not contact ridgid nothing seems to be happening with a 10" blade, but if you use a stack dado it has a tendancyto throw the blades at the unweary operator. I hope you read this'

Quote Originally Posted by Britt Kelch View Post
    Congrats on the new saw. Check the arbor and make sure it has a ARBOR CHECKED sticker if not contact ridgid nothing seems to be happening with a 10" blade, but if you use a stack dado it has a tendancyto throw the blades at the unweary operator. I hope you read this'
    If it does not have the "Arbor Checked" sticker, check the date code.... http://www.ridgid.com/Download/R4511_PR.pdf Ridgid has made good on the recall.

Awesome

Thank you all for your continued help. I printed out the rebate form and will send it in once I insure that the saw is in good shape, and I will definitely make sure there is an upgrade sticker on the arbor. I remember the flying circus was cool when I was a kid, but flying dado blades don’t give me the warm fuzzies at all. I spent a good part of the day today re-arranging the garage to make room and hope to have a chance to assemble the beast tomorrow.

I continue to be amazed at the level of assistance I’ve received here, it’s really great.
    Mark