Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My CNC Embroidery Machine

My controller card are in preparation stage as i have blown one of them due to short circuit ... Meanwhile i improved the software a bit and refine the code generation...
    You can see the needle marks as i added in the software...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Khalid Khattak; 02-04-2010 at 6:58 AM.

kahlid, my mother has two of the embrodery machines and loves them, makes for real nice work at christmas!! i am watching you do this and glad to see you doing it, keep it up!!

jim

Question

How soon before your wife gets her sewing machine back? and will she be-able to use it or will you use all the parts on another project?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by James Jaragosky View Post
    How soon before your wife gets her sewing machine back? and will she be-able to use it or will you use all the parts on another project?
    She has two machines.. One is SINGER and other is Japanese one.. This machine is simle sewing machine and i don't think she will be interested if not used for embroidery..My Wife has MB in IT technology...She has Masterate degree in IT.. So she know better than me How to work with computer, she is interseted in her own BOUTIQE , so i made this machine for her to make larger designs...

I have more than 20000 embroidery designs in my hands and she will probably make full use of those designs.. I already told her that i will not involve in her embroidery projects ..As she already did woodworking projects with my CNC machine...i think handling this embroidrr machine will be not difficult for her..

Currently i am out of station.. In the coming weekend i will able to show you some great work..may be a video will be launched on Youtube..

Best regards

Added Colors and MenuBar.. Now you can see the number of colors 'in-orders' and simulation of each color...
    Last edited by Khalid Khattak; 02-15-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Currently my hardware is almost 99% complete..Still working on software to improve functionality and more information to user... Following are the snapshots of new version..

Embroidery Gcode Generator V2.4

In this Version I made following minor changes:
    1- On the Top of Gcode, added Total No. of Gcode Lines
    2- Made the drawing screen background Colour Black
    3- On the bottom added the color information/usage in 'Same Colored Text'
    4- Now You can Animate with Cross-hair showing the exact Position of stitch.
    5- You can Scroll through the Gcode and Animation Cross hair will update its Position.

Attached is the Program Executable file.. Still need to put the Code in Menu and SaveGcode button is not functional for the time being.. I will try to make it complete and will place here...

Just you can check and give me feedback for improving it..

You can unpack the zip and run the executable within the folder if it not run then The Program requires DOTNET framework or Visual Basic runtime files (Can be downloaded free from internet)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Khalid Khattak; 02-27-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Hi All,
    I want to share the picture of embroidery artwork RENE has done on his ordinary sewing machine using my Software... He did a great job on it...
    I suggested Rene to do following improvements to get positive results

1- Tighten the clothe very well on the Hoop.
    2- The white thread on the bobbin emerging in picture shows that Bobbin thread needs more tention...
    3- You should apply some embroider paper behind the cloth..This will give drastic improvement in embroidery..

I am adding RENE work here... I hope you all will like what we can do..

Further details can be seen in following thread...
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showth...=57404&page=23

PS:
    Just note he is using Router and sewing machine to get this result... This is just the begining... and we have to see marvels in future.. We break into the core of high end commercial machines manufacturer...

Further modifications in the FREE embroidery Gcode generator is done and now the Version is 2.4.3. Some more results from RENE..

Attached is the simulation result from WILCOM Deco studio...

Awesome

Khalid,

You are a a world class tinkerer, I am very impressed and glad to make your acquaintance. Spectacular, I wish I had come across this post earlier.
    CW Miller
    Whispering Wood Creations

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

kahlid, i don't respond much (cause i speak such bad english) but this is world class ingenuity!!

bravo

jim

Mr. Miller,
    Thanks for your comments.. I also feel proud to talk to all the members.. This is because you are the Chosen One intellectual playing with high end CNC machines and producing the work nobody can ever think of... The comments from you are always welcomed..

Hi Jim,
    Who said your English is bad?!!!! Actually, the way i understand it is bad... I always learn something good from your English and improve my grammer too... Thank you for the comments from the Maker of great Chess Pieces.. I will always feel proud of you

Here i want to show you the picture of RENE setup and this will compell you that the world is now full of criminal Tinkerer He just added HOOP at Z-axis of his Jgro CNC Router placed his machine on the Bed, added stepper motor to sewing machine and got the above results...

Just a guy

Khalid,

thank you for the compliment but I have never been referred to as the chosen one before. Trust me in the fact that I am not worthy of such a title, I'm just a guy.
    I do use some of the best equipment available at my day job but my pride and joy is the machine I built out of scrap lineal rail, some used aluminum server brackets, an older dell pc, and the rest of the parts I had to buy from various sources. I highly recommend the Gecko 4 axis motion controller, when I build another one (because I just can't not be building something or another) I will be purchasing from gecko drives again.
    If you would like to see the shop made MillerMill you can see video of it at the following link http://cherokeewoodwhisperer.com/Services.html
    Keep us posted on your endeavors, I always enjoy the ingenuity of people. Your machine is fantastic, if I ever get the chance to travel to your part of the world I would love to come see it in action.
    Last edited by Clarence Miller; 04-08-2010 at 6:53 PM. Reason: typo
    CW Miller
    Whispering Wood Creations

I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Clarence Miller View Post
    Khalid,
    if I ever get the chance to travel to your part of the world I would love to come see it in action.
    Mr. Miller you are always Welcome...

Recently, I have made drastic changes in embroidery software... These changes were necessary to make optimum Gcode for embroidery work...

Previously, I have made the Gcode that took 30minutes, now the same Gcode is effiecient and takes 16minutes on the embroidery machine... I have added functionalities to move both hoop as well as Needle when the the needle is above the cloth..this saves 40% of embroidery time... I have also added 'Machine Setting' dialogue for the users that will help them for setting Z-axis (sewing Wheel) values in Mach3 software

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid Khattak View Post
    Mr. Miller you are always Welcome...

Recently, I have made drastic changes in embroidery software... These changes were necessary to make optimum Gcode for embroidery work...

Previously, I have made the Gcode that took 30minutes, now the same Gcode is effiecient and takes 16minutes on the embroidery machine... I have added functionalities to move both hoop as well as Needle when the the needle is above the cloth..this saves 40% of embroidery time... I have also added 'Machine Setting' dialogue for the users that will help them for setting Z-axis (sewing Wheel) values in Mach3 software
    Outstanding work. cutting the job time in half is impressive indeed.
    keep posting your results I find your work fascinating.
    Jim J.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Camaster Cobra 408 working table size 48 x 98
    Wincnc,AspireII,PhotoVcarve,Cut3D
    HX6090SE 60Wworking table 23”X36”
    LaserCut 5.3
    Coreldraw X3, photograV 3.0, Photozoom3

Sawmill Creek is financed in part through member contributions.
    Many members just like you have found extraordinary value in becoming a financial supporter of SMC.