Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have experience with Dricore flooring for the garage floor ?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Almeida View Post
    Joe - thanks for the info. My floor is pretty level so I should be ok. My shop is on the back of the garage (bldg is 36'x32' and the shop is the back 12'x32'). The garge floor is sloped towards the doors, but the shop part of the slab is flat. Good point though, I will double check it.

Thanks

- darren
    Let's not confuse flat with level. Important to have the floor flat, or relatively so, for installation of dricor. Level is not required. You may prefer vevel in your shop but rather than shimming a whole shop...mine is 36x24...you can always just level the machines.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Wiliams View Post
    I was looking at the specs for this and noticed the compression strength is 5200 PSF. If I did the math correct (5200/144) it comes out to 36 PSI which may be fine for household use but how will some of the heavier machines work on it? I suppose whatever is laid over it will have an effect on final PSI...
    Dricore is only 4000. I would think putting a osb subfloor over delta-fl would spread the load. In any event, the heaviest machine I have is my DJ-20, and is about 400 pounds. Pretty sure it's footprint is at least a square foot.

This product does not include a subfloor like dri-core does, correct?

I used Dricore over a slab in my front porch when I converted it to a Sun room. Great to work with and great for use under my Pergo flooring.
    If you go with Dricore shop for the best price because the price varies from Borg to Borg and goes on sale once in a while.
    David B

Anthony,
    Delta FL does not include the sub-floor. I am using it in my shop, over concrete, with just a thin foam underlayment on top, and then 12mm laminate flooring to dispurse the weight of heavy machinery better.
    In the basement, I have Delta-FL with OSB on top, tapconed into the concrete. Vinyl flooring on top of that. Both work fine, and much less expensive than dricore, which I have used as well.