Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powermatic PM2000 Table Saw Cabinet filling with dust

The sawstop cabinet saw suffers from a similar affliction. Definitely an oversight to design a shroud, but than provide NO means to capture dust from areas outside the shroud.

I adapted the port on the SS to a 5" which provides suction to the 4" hose to the shroud and to the base of the cabinet.
    http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.p...014#post836014

It's better, but still not great. The next step is to put a round-to-square transition so the the cabinet exhaust is level with the floor of the cabinet.

kg

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Norris View Post
    Glen... I disagree... My Delta cabinet saw had very poor collection until I did this mod. Now, its awesome...

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=76571

Thanks for posting this, I would have never thought to cut a hole in my saw. I will definitely look into this.

If it were mine the original dust port would be left in the cabinet as an air inlet. I would then put a six inch port into the cabinet elsewhere but you may only be using 4 inch so put one of those in. The aim of leaving the original port as an inlet is to allow plenty of air INTO the cabinet, without air in air can't be drawn out and the air speed will slow down. Slow air speed means no pick up and you get the problem you have. Air speed + volume is god when it comes to dust collectors. In a case like this if you don't move it as it is produced the saw dust will compact and it won't ever be picked up.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening