Thread: Christmas Gifts: Desk Clock and Doll Bed

Christmas Gifts: Desk Clock and Doll Bed

These were gifts I made my wife and daughter this year.

The clock is purpleheart on top, maple on the bottom. The finish is Seal-a-cell and Arm-R-Seal. For size reference, the clock mechanism is 3-3/4" I believe.

The bed is sized for American Girl or other 18" dolls, and is maple and purpleheart with baltic birch for the bottom. Its a modified version of a plan our club used to build beds for Toys For Tots. Same finish as the clock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great gifts Matt.
    I bet your wife and daughter loved them..

Sooo...Matt. How did your daughter like the clock?? (My wife has an American girl doll )

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Calver View Post
    Sooo...Matt. How did your daughter like the clock?? (My wife has an American girl doll )
    My sister in law has one too--should have made her one!

Neat gifts, Matt, and I love the combination of woods. Finished out beautifully.

BTW, I have a granddaughter that is really in to the American Girl doll thing. The doll is just the beginning...... there is no end!

Very nice Matt. I was going to make 3 clocks similar to your with PH as the base and maple on top but.. got the flu several weeks ago and will do them as belated gifts after the first of the year. Both pieces you did are again.. very nice.
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    BTW, I have a granddaughter that is really in to the American Girl doll thing. The doll is just the beginning...... there is no end!
    You're preaching to the choir here! She's been getting the stuff for a few years now. I've been to the store in Chicago twice now.