Thread: I must have been a good boy this year! How about you?

I must have been a good boy this year! How about you?

Got a Stanley #2, #112, #21, Veritas Bench Pup an old bench screw to make a leg vise.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You got me beat, but I never really expect much for christmas in terms of wood shop stuff. I have too much already (from everyone ele's viewpoint). I got 2 sets of chisels, well, the LN ones were just a picture because they were not delivered yet, but it's a pretty picture.

I think the best present I got was the reactions from the cutting boards I made for my sisters. Even my teenage nephews and neices were impressed...which says a lot to me.

My dad gave me a brand new rip saw he found in a house he was clearing out after a foreclosure...which is awesome. My dad has never given me a tool, not even the ones he 'borrowed' from my shop.

I received the Veritas side rabbet plane and both the large and small spoke shave kits. My wife (Santa) was good to me.

Sounds like we three were good boys. You guys got nice toys.

Bob

I got this, the red yard stick I already had LOL.

Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    I got this, the red yard stick I already had LOL.
    I feel your pain, I use to live in Marquette MI, Northern MI! Now I'm in SE TN and havn't hardly seen a snow in years!
    Yep is a cold 45 degrees here!

Harry,

That looks like my driveway. Except, I had a five foot snow bank butted up against my garage door. I despise winter. I keep trying to get my wife to move further south with me, but so far no luck.

good gifts!

My father-in-law gifted me a Disston D-8 he'd very lovingly reconditioned, plus a set of small carving chisels. Funny how a little tooling up gets my butt in gear! I went out to the shop and kept on insulating...

some in texas got their by hanging a snow shovel on the hood and when people started asking what that was, they stopped. LOL
    Jr.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    some in texas got their by hanging a snow shovel on the hood and when people started asking what that was, they stopped. LOL
    That's funny! When I got out of the service in the UP of MI, I told people that I tied a snow shovel on the front of my UHaul and drove until I was asked what it was then drove another 100 miles that put me in Chattanooga TN

Why I love Nebraska, if you don't like the weather wait until tomorrow. LOL

It's winter in Nebraska
    And the gentle breezes blow,
    70 miles per hour at 25 below!

Oh, how I love Nebraska
    When the snow's up to your butt;
    You take a breath of winter air
    And your nose is frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
    I guess I'll hang around.
    I could never leave Nebraska,
    'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

This Global Warming is really fun, FOR THE KIDS, That is.

Now you know why I grow a beard in the winter, too many times in the past laying under a combine on a wind swept knoll welding on a broken combine. fingers, toes, ears and one side of my face frostbitten too many times to remember. When you flip a welding hood down the wind no matter what direction will whistle thru from one side to the other and your breath gets frozen to your face unless you wear a beard to provide a dead air space for insulation.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 12-26-2009 at 9:42 PM.
    Jr.

Jr., you are quite the poet! Love it! I move frome Quebec Canada where there is a lot of snow but also raine in the winter to Yukon Canada(15h east of Anchorage USA) where in the winter it never raine, and little snow!!!
    As for the OP question, I was a realy good boy but bought all my tools befor christmas, and anyway, TLOML wouldn't know what I need... It's a secret!

I got a LN medium shoulder plane from my mother in law, proving again that she is the most awesome mother in law in the world. My wife said she didn't want to get me tools for christmas because it was too practical, and those make better fathers day gifts

My wife and Daughter conspired to get me a couple LN Mortise Chisels. I guess I've been good.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

My dad bought me the Lie-Nielsen 40 1/2 scrub plane. Love it. Almost too pretty to use. Also, it is sort of a big deal because Dad had to do some research in an area outside of his wheelhouse. Brother in Law got me a Starrett 2 ft. rule to go with my combination square (which he gave me a couple years ago. Pretty good brother in law).