Thread: wiring plug on G0490

wiring plug on G0490

I'm installing a nema 6-20p plug on the power cord for the grizzly 8" G0490 jointer. The wiring for the power cord includes a white, black and green. I understand that the white and black are both hot, the green is the ground. The green wire needs to be installed to the ground screw, but I'm not sure that it matters which hot wire is connected to which hot screw on the plug. Am I correct in assuming I can connect either white or black wire to either hot screw on the plug? Does it need to match the order the white and black wires are connected in the 6-20R outlet?

Thanks,

Rob

Doesnt matter...
    My favorite cologne is BLO

+1 on Doesn't Matter! Connect black and white to either terminal.

I use Hubbell L6-20 for all my 230V machines. Often you can find a bargain on these at eBay. I bought a 10-lot for less than $5/plug. No such luck with the L6-30. They seem to command a premium. The *20s* will be fine for anything up to and including a 5hp. machine, which is about the max for 1-phase 230v machines in the home shop.
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Blog Entries
    +2 doesn't matter. Other things in life should be so easy.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

thanks, all.

I agree - everything should be as easy. Thanks for all of the quick replies.

Rob