Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baltic Birch Plywood prices?

Thanks for the clarification.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

2. Baltic Birch is 5x10 in Russia

Don't know if this is true, but I was buying some Baltic Birch and asked the local supplier why they came in 5x5 sizes. He said he didn't know but claimed Russian construction workers use 5x10.

Does anyone know if that's true? I can't imagine luggiing those sheets around...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    I have been looking all over for people locally that stock BB plywood and have had very limited results. Most places do have the ability to order it for me. I am very new to BB plywood and have heard very good things about it, with the most important being that it is very stable.

What is a fair price range that I should be willing to pay for 3/4" and maybe even some 1/2". The one place that had 3/4" gave me a quote of something like $79 per 5x5 sheet. I was not expecting that kind of price on a small 5x5 peice of plywood. Does this sound reasonable or should I not dream of paying that?
    Searching audio forums I have come across a place that does ship in continental USA and has an online store. Take a look at this www.shop.eastcoastplywood.com or www.eastcoastplywood.com feedback is quite good and there are many happy woodworkers in maryland. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by dan sherman View Post
    I was out pricing Birch plywood for my router table project today.

Menards
    1/4" Baltic Birch, 4' by 8', 5-ply, BB/CP grade, $23 (sale price)
    1/2" Baltic Birch, 4' by 8', 9-ply, BB/CP grade, $49 (sale price)
    3/4" Baltic Birch, 4' by 8', 13-ply, BB/CP grade, $60 (sale price, normally $70)

Local woodworking store
    1/4" White Birch, 4' by 8', 5-ply, C-4 grade, $27
    1/2" White Birch, 4' by 8', 9-ply, C-2 grade, $42
    3/4" White Birch, 4' by 8', 13-ply, C-2 grade, $53

6mm Russian Birch, 5' by 5', 5-ply, B/BB grade, $24
    12mm Russian Birch, 5' by 5', 9-ply, B/BB grade, $40
    18mm Russian Birch, 5' by 5', 13-ply, B/BB grade, $48
    Here is pricelist from another place on the internet:
    http://eastcoastplywood.com/wholesal...-pricelist.htm
    Not Bad at all

I bought a dozen sheets each of 1/4" and 1/2" baltic birch ply to make drawers for my kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I got it in 4x8 sheets from Maine Coast Lumber. I don't recall the prices, but they were reasonable to me. MCL delivers anywhere in New England. It's not cheap enough for shop cabinets and such, but the scraps make great jigs and fixtures, obviously.
    Jon Endres
    Killing Trees Since 1983

Ditto for me Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Schlosser View Post
    Rob-
    Thanks for the Reading PA Industrial Plywood. Never knew about them, and looks like they have all kinds of good things! I'm going to stop in there on my way home tomorrow.

I work within 5 minutes of them... for 10 years! never even heard of them! Gonna have to make a trip there this weekend!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey Semenov View Post
    Here is pricelist from another place on the internet:
    http://eastcoastplywood.com/wholesal...-pricelist.htm
    Not Bad at all

Prices on sheets seem great... put one sheet of 1/2 CC grade Birch in my cart, went to checkout, and they want $175 for S&H

Just picked up some Russian baltic birch 5x5 sheets for 18.10 for 1/2 inch and 30.75 for 3/4 in northern wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gaul View Post
    Prices on sheets seem great... put one sheet of 1/2 CC grade Birch in my cart, went to checkout, and they want $175 for S&H
    I mentioned that it's better that you call them. Since it's a large size they go by freight rates. So if you get 1 sheet or 10 sheets price will be the same. Ups will not take these nor any other shipping service.

I just bought a 60x60 sheet of 3/4" last weekend from Toledo Plywood and paid $28. Really. Its supposedly not Chinese, has the familiar stamp I'm used to seeing on BB, and even if it was its flat and consistent. We walked out to inspect it in the warehouse and the 1/2 and 3/4 was all flat. Slight bow in the 1/4 but I've never seen 1/4" plywood completely flat. I was shocked. Should have bought more.