Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two very different Christmas projects

Pallet wood??! Those pieces are exceptional! I shudder to think what you could do with some nicer stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Strauss View Post
    Pallet wood??! Those pieces are exceptional! I shudder to think what you could do with some nicer stock!
    Now I'm going to start pallet hunting.

Man I am digging the cooler that is awesome. if you dont mind me asking where did you get the plan from?

Thanks! I didn't follow any plans. Just built it on the fly.

Great work!

Both are great gifts, and nice projects. Nice work. I'm partial to the shadow box. I have a feeling that it will be around for many generations to come. Nice job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Heath Fitts View Post
    You can read the scanned newspaper article here.
    Thanks for posting the link. Quite an experience.

Two very nice projects, I like the shadow box also being a Vietnam Era Marine Vet. I served in Okinawa 1968-1970.
    I like the cooler also. I'm curious , your calling it a cowboy cooler but you have End of Trails logo on the front ,which of course you know represents the suffering of the Native American Indians.
    Nice work
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Hey, I'm not too far from you. I have driven thru Alexandria many times while on my way to the Louisiana coast to catch a helicopter offshore...Fourchon or Houma most of the time.

I like both projects but lean towards the shadow box just for the design and hand work you did. Those Cowboy Coolers are a staple at country stores, flea markets and rustic furniture stores all over Texas and I expect, Louisiana, too. The fact that you built both from salvaged pallet wood speaks highly of both your skill and resourcefulness.

Pass on my gratitude to your dad for his service.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

10. Both are very nice projects and the "cowboy cooler" is really cool. Considering the fact that you are a beginner and the wood used, your work is amazing.
    Express Creativity With Wood.