Thread: Hey California and Virginia!!!!

Hey California and Virginia!!!!

I thought that some of you might be interested in this.

In California..

A county-wide, self-guided tour of 275 artist studios during the first 3 weekends of October.
    The Cultural Council of Santa Cruz County links individual visual artists to the community through the Open Studios Art Tour. A museum quality catalog with a map of studio locations is published and sold at local outlets and in nearby counties. A Preview Exhibition of participating artists' work is held for several weeks preceding and during the event.

I noticed that one of the studios in CA. is run by a person by the name of Michael Singer. Could this be any relation to our Mark Singer? If so I hope Michael inherited some of Marks creative abilities.

In Virginia...

This fall you are invited to visit 28 professional artisans in 10 working studios. The tour also provides an opportunity to sample food and beverages provided by some of the area's finest establishments. Each studio will have edible delights from one or more local culinary purveyors
    The studio tour was founded by the Association of Virginia Artisans in 1994 to enhance the community's awareness of the artisans living and working in their neighborhoods. Visiting the studios offers a unique opportunity to understand the working process of each artist, permitting a deeper understanding of the products created. We are delighted to offer a hospitable and educational environment where you may see our new work in a studio setting.

See the web page below for maps to studios and further information.

Artisans Center of Virginia
    601 Shenandoah Village Drive
    Waynesboro, VA 22980
    tel: 540/946-3294
    tel: 1-877/508-6069
    email: ACV@Nexet.net
    web: www.virginiaartisans.org

This seems like a real interesting way to spend a day or two. Have fun. If you go, let us know what it was like. Pete
    Pete Lamberty

Thanks, Pete!! Santa Cruz in on the other side of the Santa Cruz mountains from me.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

http://www.sfmcd.org/
    http://www.craftsreport.com/current_issue/cs1.html

Another option for the Cali folks. they are highlighting wood to start off specifically dovetailed furiture.

Jon

Thanks

Pete -

Thanks for the info. Pretty good drive for me. Though I might find some excuse to be up that way.

Ted