Thread: Ceramic Heart Tea Light Holder

Ceramic Heart Tea Light Holder

These are the latest Christmas gifts that I have completed. My wifes grandma wanted me to make her wooden holders to put tea lights behind these thin, delicate hearts. They are only about 1/16" thick. She handpainted them. I wasn't sure how they would turn out. I think they turned out pretty well. What a great way to use up small scraps.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michael Dromey; 12-29-2009 at 11:14 PM.

I think that's a great idea. I'll bet those would do very well at craft shows!
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Great little idea, and good work. Your grandma in law did a fantastic job painting those hearts!

Yours turned out great , kind of like these but the tea lights will work better on mine too . I also like the wood you used .........fine job ......Marshall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Usually busier than a cat in a sand box

Clever little project with scraps that turned out well Michael. My wife was looking over my shoulder and mentioned I should make some of these with all the scrap for her to sell on her E-bay store. Yeah right... a lot of nerve with wood almost acclimated for a crochet-lamp table and flat screen TV stand. But... that's my wife.

Your wife's grand-ma did a nice job on the painting BTW...
    Sarge..

Woodworkers' Guild of Georgia
    Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler

Definately really cool. If i may say though i think the holder looks a bit bulky for such a fragile piece and distracts from the painted hearts. If you have the ability to scrollsaw or bandsaw some curved/arched side supports that touch/hold the heart as little as possible and still retain stability. I think this would only increase the beauty of both works of art. Please dont take this the wrong way just thinking i would toss this out there as a suggestion. I see way too much flaming and belittling on here. I myself am a begginner and have yet to create such a project as yours.

Jeremy I agree that these hearts would look better with the wood that holds them upright to be smaller. I measured the thickness of the hearts. They are 1/32" thick. I guessed when I thought they were 1/16" thick. The reason I used 3/4" is I didn't want the wood to flex. If there is any flexing,the hearts would break. I had to to a fair amount of handling of the hearts to get the holder designed. While I was handling them my wife informed me that she her a@@ would be in a ringer if I were to accidently break one of them. You know what they say, sh@@ runs down hill. I would have never heard the end of that.