Thread: close to finishing

close to finishing

I have lurked for quite a while, please forgive me. This forum seems to have nice people who are well educated. I would like to share some pictured of my shop i have been working on for a little over a year. I was injured in a fall a little overe 2 yrs ago which left me paralyzed from the waste down, so my friends and family said I should get a hobby. Started out in a 2 car garage and then decided to build attatched 30 by 30 shop.I am in a whhelchair so I keep it pretty clean so chair rolls easy, I hate extension cords as you might understand, I promise I do make sawdust. I just ordered a new dust collector, a Grizzly G0562Z twin canister 3hp, wish I could afford a cyclone, was using a HF hooked to eack machine. I have been doing this slowly, as only income is SS money, but has given me time to learn, tools are table saw, jointer, planer, floor drill press, band saw, 2 mitre saws, 3 compressors, chopsaw, welder, router table and lots of power and hand tools. Sorry thread is so long but all i have to do is play on computer, to cold even with insulation and heat to be in shop its 7 degrees here Brrr. Thanks alot Darin101_0016.jpg

100_9989.jpg

100_9988.jpg

100_9986.jpg

100_9985.jpg

100_9984.jpg

100_9983.jpg

100_9981.jpg

You must be chomping at the bit to work in that beautiful shop.

Nice looking work space,

organized, clean and functional. I too am a paraplegic... also as the result of a fall. I like the way your shop is arranged and set up. I do have a question though. How do you access the items that are high up on the peg board?

Thanks for posting.

Good old grabber works like a charm.

Blog Entries
    Nice looking shop. I was wondering the same thing Rich asked and would have guessed a grabber. Welcome to the Creek.

those are some serious infeed/outfeed tables on your planer! very nice shop!

Great job

I am sure you are very anxious to start working in your new shop. One of the most important things I have learned about setting up a shop is never make anything "too permanet". As you start working I am sure you will find many things you wished you would have done differently. A workshop is always an unfinished project!

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progress....

Well, glad to see you decided to join us! You really do keep a clean shop. Wanna come over and teach me how to do the same? Go ahead, make some stuff and post pics. I love seeing projects people make. Now, go get dirty...once it warms up a little...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Greinert View Post
    organized, clean and functional. I too am a paraplegic... also as the result of a fall. I like the way your shop is arranged and set up. I do have a question though. How do you access the items that are high up on the peg board?

Thanks for posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Higginbotham View Post
    I was injured in a fall a little overe 2 yrs ago which left me paralyzed from the waste down.

I do believe that the three of us have something in common. I as well was injured in a fall of sorts. I just happened to be in a helicopter that was falling. I was injured in Feb. '07. I think that you should be able to check out pics of my shop and stuff here:

http://s1006.photobucket.com/home/Sacadelic/allalbums

It is a work in progress. I am finishing some new cabinets this weekend hopefully. It will incorporate a miter saw station, a drill press and mortising machine station, and a spot for a small bandsaw.
    Last edited by Chuck Isaacson; 01-09-2010 at 10:46 AM.
    Chuck

All that empty expanse of floor is a bit eerie! I havn't seen my shop floor (except for a few pathways) in 20 years! YOU NEED Mo' TOOLS Bro! But, Congratulations on a nice shop building!
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!