Thread: Odd tools

Odd tools

Bishop, Combination Rip/Crosscut Back saw

Miller Door Lock Mortiser

Plane Saw of my design

shop made Knife Froe

Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Harry

Wonderful tools, you amaze me with all your old tools and knowledge about them.
    You must have a huge shop for everything.

Gil

12 wide by 20 long in my basement, there are pictures of it somewhere on SMC, just paths, mostly around my Nu Workbench, other paths are blocked now behind the New Furnace. Still working to organize, never ending task in a small cramped shop. I have more salvage wood storage space than shop space. LOL Been under the weather for two weeks, just now found a corner of my workbench to build my kittys one of the play hide and seek trees. Honeydo, don't U Know.

I also have a 24 by 50 blacksmith shop the same way, mostly old tools and now storage too, not counting a 40 ft rented container full.

Don Peterson can vouch for the info above.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 01-01-2010 at 8:34 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Mr. Strasil,
    like most, I guess all, folks here, I throughly enjoy your posts. Look forward to and really appreciate them. Thanks.

Art.

Blog Entries
    The Bishop #10 is a nice saw. Mine is very useful now that it has some teeth.

The back makes a good depth stop. One of my honeydo projects will have me cutting a lot of dove tails. With a stop, one can think more about the cutting and not worry about the stopping.

jim
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)