Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wich DIY Table Router Recommend me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Luis View Post
    remember wich month of Wood Magazine?
    not sure off the top of my head, i'll check sometime within the next day and PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bertics View Post
    I bought my router table top and fence from Woodpeckers. Here is the link http://www.woodpeck.com/index.html I built a cabinet close to Norms but made it taller here is a picture not the best but gives you the height to other objects.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y...304/shop14.jpg

They have the insert plates and the rings to match to your bits.
    Nice setup! I like the idea of putting a pre-built table on the top although I think I'll still try to build the top myself. Stubborn and I need the practice. I have a question. I see you used the Rockler? router switch and installed it in the "empty" panel. Did you have to adjust the height of the drawers below your switch to be able to install it in the vertical position? Thanks.

Chris Tsutsui did what I did, bought the top as that was what the pro recommended who did the video for Kreg in their router tables using the pocket screw technique. His reasoning was that there are many good table tops out there and the cut out is so critical, with rails, etc. It just isn't worth it anymore. What goes under it is easy to construct and can be modified to fit your own needs as I found out when I built mine. I used the Kreg pocket screw system but any reasonable joinery system would be fine. I modified mine from what was shown in the video using scrap plywood and even in the video he showed several versions. Analyze your needs...get out all your bits, router stuff and design to your needs. A set of lockable wheels and you're good to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images