Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta-FL Installation Experience

I just placed my order, and it shipped same day. Only thing better would have been a closeout price at Lowe's.

Great idea on the landscaping fabric: I have one room where I will be placing down plywood and floating laminate floor. I'm not as worried about warping (I intend to only tack down the ply with 5 tapcons per sheet) but about minor depressions in the floor. The 'clicking seemed to be the only downside. No big deal for my shop but in my wife's sewing room.... It just seems like cheap insurance, that's all I'm sayin...
    Last edited by Michael Justice; 01-05-2010 at 5:56 PM. Reason: can't spell

Jim, what thickness was your laminate? I'm considering Dleta-FL with laminate, but I'm worried about heavy machinery on casters "punching through." Any issues with heavy stuff?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler View Post
    Jim, what thickness was your laminate? I'm considering Dleta-FL with laminate, but I'm worried about heavy machinery on casters "punching through." Any issues with heavy stuff?

Bob
    I'll let Jim provide the answer to the thickness of the laminate but I think there is zero chance of that. The dimples are very small and the laminate would spread the load. There is no caution of which you are concerned in their specs. But you may want to call their technical assistance folks at 1-888-4DELTA4 for peace of mind.

George, perhaps this is a dumb question, but doesn't the use of the tapcons compromise the whole vapor barrier aspect of the Delta-FL? Maybe the vapor penetration from these holes is too small to worry about?

Bob

George, perhaps this is a dumb question, but doesn't the use of the tapcons compromise the whole vapor barrier aspect of the Delta-FL? Maybe the vapor penetration from these holes is too small to worry about?

Bob
    You dip the tapcons in caulk but they say that is for "corrosion resistance". My guess is that it is the latter. The drill (and hence to hole) is 3/16", and the tapcon is 1/4", so the delta-fl should be tight to the tapcon and allow no or very little opportunity for maoisture to pass through.

Any chance to post some pics of the finished floor? I'd love to see what "rustic red oak" looks like. Bob
    Here you go Bob, all done and remembered to bring my camera home
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    I'm not sure why you think it's new concrete, in fact the garage is about 20 years old.
    Looks good, George. Being a garage, wasn't there a slope to the floor? You don't make any mention of levelling.
    "It's Not About You."

Quote Originally Posted by Art Mulder View Post
    Looks good, George. Being a garage, wasn't there a slope to the floor? You don't make any mention of levelling.
    There is a slight slope to a center drain but the entire floor is flat enough to lay osb and hardwood over it. Not sure of the concern for level though, I would much rather level a machine or bench than an entire floor.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bregar View Post
    Here you go Bob, all done and remembered to bring my camera home
    Thanks George- it looks GREAT! Glad to see your hard work paid off.

Hopefully in spring I'll be posting my version.

Bob

Thanks George- it looks GREAT! Glad to see your hard work paid off.

Hopefully in spring I'll be posting my version.

Bob
    Thanks Bob. Very happy with the end results. Great shop floor. Now have to press on to the next buildout project...

George
    How did you seal the Delta-Fl where you went back to just bare concrete.
    Did you have any exterior doors other than the garage door to contend with?

George,
    After 2 years, how has the floor held up?
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jay gill View Post
    George,
    After 2 years, how has the floor held up?
    Thanks,
    I have to say that it hasn't gotten the use I had hope...new business start-up has kept me out of the shop, but so far so good.

My shop floor came up in another forum, which brought me back here, so I thought I would post the promised finished floor, and say the floor is holding up very well. floor.jpg