Thread: Top-cote, etc?

Top-cote, etc?

Over the years I have used a number of aerosol products on my cast iron table saw tops, jointer tables, hand planes, etc. Top-cote, Boeshield, Tool Guard and probably others. They all seem to work about the same, spray it on, let dry, polish. Makes the iron shiny, slick and somewhat rust resistant. Reapply as necessary. The problem is I can't seem to find any of these or similar products in any of the retail stores, industrial jobbers, or anywhere else. I suppose I could buy something on line, but I would just like to walk into a store, buy something, and walk out. Any suggestions? Right now I'm reduced to using paste wax, which works fine, but I'm really lazy, and I have a lot of iron.

Thanks
    Dave

Hey Dave you can give these links a try, I understand the importance and convience of walking in a store then returning home with the product you needed! I hope this helps, I am not sure who you like shopping with so I gave you some options.

Cheers

Lee Valley:
    http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,43415,43440

Rockler:
    http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?p...ter=top%20cote

Woodcraft:
    http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2007336

I've found the same to be true, so I order TopCote by the case, good for about three years.

All the Sears' around me carry the Boeshield. In the tool area...

HTH,
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bruno View Post
    All the Sears' around me carry the Boeshield. In the tool area...

HTH,
    -Chris
    Thanks. I haven't been to a Sears in about ten years (at least). I guess I'll have to try to stop by after work one day this week.

Guess I'm spoiled. Woodcraft, Rockler, Hardwood Lumber and More, just to name a few, are local stores for me
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Table protection

Get a can of spray Ezox at the local gunsmith/store. It is amazing stuff as you spray it on, wipe it dry and it does not collect dust. I use it on guns and all things metal-- -just a happy customer. Phil
    Philip

I dont know if they still carry it but the HD near me has had TopKote in the past. I usually just toss a can into some other online order for stuff so I haven't tried to buy at HD in quite a while though,
    Use the fence Luke